Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Train or not?

(4 Posts)
Boblina Thu 23-Jul-09 08:41:41

Hello everyone, my ds was 2 in May and I have been trying on an off to poppy train him. He is so not interested. He will sit on the potty for a very short time even if I bribe him with TV. He has done a wee in the potty and I gave him lots of praise and a reward (a chocolate button) but he has really not wanted to do anything, even be without a nappy for a few weeks. He knows when he has done a wee or a poo but he is just not interested. I am 24 weeks pregnant, should I persist or should I just wait until he actually wants to sit on the potty or something? Thanks xxx

katylou25 Thu 23-Jul-09 09:44:49

It's early in my opinion - you will only manage to train them when they are interested and want to do it - my ds2 is finally out of nappies at 2 and 10 months - he has been able to use the toilet for 6 months or so but has not wanted to do so all the time - has been very frustrating but I knew he would only do it successfully when it came from him iyswim.

Boblina Thu 23-Jul-09 12:19:46

You are probably right. I just thought it would be nice to have it done before the baby arrived, but then again I seem to be fighting a loosing battle. I know that he know when he is going and knows what we do in the toilet, etc but he just does not want to do it himself. Then again he does not want to have his nappy changed either.

puffling Thu 23-Jul-09 12:22:00

I did dd at 2 and three quarters. I'm glad I waited till then and happened very quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now