Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How do I pass on my cloth nappy stash?

(16 Posts)
blithedance Wed 22-Jul-09 13:54:04

I had a lovely Motherease nappy kit that has done sterling service for two children and needs a new home - wraps, the lot. Now you can't sell used nappies on ebay, is anyone going to be interested in a birth to potty kit. Where have you successfully sold them? Freecycle? Nappy websites?

I know Motherease were great nappies in 2006 (and I'd use them again without hesitation) but there's a lot more on the market now. I don't really expect much money for them but I would ideally like them to be actually used by someone who wants them.

Also can anyone advise on giving the nappies some kind of super-wash to make them as clean and soft as possible. There are some very faint stains remaining I may be able to shift and they are obviously not as soft as new - but in every other way they're good as new.

Ideas please - or is the second hand market "saturated" so to speak?!

blithedance Wed 22-Jul-09 13:54:36

Just reading back- obviously I know you don't "sell" on Freecycle! blush

hophophippidtyhop Wed 22-Jul-09 14:25:20

here you go! also try here. sunlight for the stains? I have used vanish soap on the leg bits of wraps before, that might be worth a go. How about washing soda to soften the water if you are in a hard water area.
Motherease are still used by quite a few people, I used the sandys, tried the one size but they didn't really suit my miss skinny bum!

Pruneurs Wed 22-Jul-09 14:27:37

That's a useful link: I have loads in the attic!

UniS Fri 24-Jul-09 19:31:52

Dh advertised ours on the work news group. that shifted most of them in two batches, the others went to a mum I got chatting to at toddlers who was using squares but bought 6 of our MEOS to use as pull ups.
Probably sold the lot for about 60 quid inc wraps.

twoclimbingboys Sat 25-Jul-09 10:53:44

ukparentslounge is ok to sell on too!

blithedance Sun 26-Jul-09 23:11:24

Work news group - that's a good idea, maximum exposure to middle class eco-worrying types!

A bit of work with Vanish, soda, white vinegar, sun, rain and finally the tumble drier has got them clean and soft at any rate.

Tommy Sun 26-Jul-09 23:12:59

I put mine on Freecycle - got about 12 emails within minutes!

fruitstick Sun 26-Jul-09 23:24:16

Can you not sell them on ebay anymore? Bugger - that's what I was going to do this week angry

MoominMymbleandMy Sun 26-Jul-09 23:38:41

You're not supposed to sell them on Ebay and Ebay will remove the listing if they find it.

Having said that, a fair few seem to slip through the net, especially if you do a bundle with a Buy it Now option. I know someone who bought a stack of used nappies for £25 about half an hour after they were listed.

You can sell them here once you have 30 posts.

I think Motherease are great, reliable workhorse nappies and don't see the point in splashing out on pretty ones. They're usually covered up and they're going to be pooed on anyway.

purplesal Mon 27-Jul-09 23:24:39

If you want to donate them to a worthy cause I send used nappies and wraps (and towels and childrens sandals) to an orphanage in Zambia. If you are willing to post them to me they can go in the next shipment which is leaving at the end of September.

http://www.kasisichildren.org/introduction.htm

fruitstick Tue 28-Jul-09 15:37:08

purplesal, where do you live? I'm happy to donate them but slightly worried the postage will cost a fortune,

ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 28-Jul-09 15:38:37

usednappies.co.uk

krugerparkrules Tue 28-Jul-09 15:51:46

purplesal i have some fuzzie bunz - some of them have some stains (I have not used bleach etc on them to get them out, have tried sunlight etc but some stubborn stains persist) - would that still be acceptable?

if so, could you email me your address - my email is haze _ bothma @ yahoo . com (no spaces)

peanutbrittle Tue 28-Jul-09 15:56:25

purplesal can you email me - I have lots of nappies, wraps and sandals etc

mspbrittle at gmail dot com

thanks

blithedance Thu 30-Jul-09 21:31:06

Whaddya know? They sold on usednappies.co.uk. Thanks for all the hints.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now