Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which reusable nappy do you recommend for night time use?

(8 Posts)
JoesMummy09 Wed 22-Jul-09 02:55:06

We have been using Totbots Flexitots during the day time for the last 4 months and they have been very good, however, at night DS wakes up when he is wet so we have had to use a <whisper> extra dry disposable so he'll sleep through.

Obviously we would prefer to use a reusuable at night too if possible, not least for the bank balance if not the environment.

What works best?

TIA

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 22-Jul-09 09:53:44

Have you tried using a bamboo booster? I found Flexitots one of the few reliable night nappies...

KirstyJC Wed 22-Jul-09 09:57:58

I have both Little Lambs bamboo and Easy Peasy Bambeasy - I would really recommend bamboo as it lasts really well, even without boosting. I would go for the Little Lambs to start with as it's slimmer, although there is still room to boost if you need to. I think Little Lambs still have the offer for a sample nappy where it's only about £9.50 for a nappy, liner and wrap as well - that might be worth trying to see if it suits, then you could buy some more if they work well.

I use a wool outer wrap for the night which keeps DS drier, and it doesn't leak either. It also only needs washing every 3 weeks or so - my kind of wrap!wink. If you don't want to use wool, the LL wrap works very well or I have used other wraps with it too - it is a snug nappy so should fit under anything I would think.

JoesMummy09 Wed 22-Jul-09 12:02:12

Thanks Ilovemydog and Kirsty for your replies.

I have tried a bamboo booster... but he's just such a heavy wetter and gets very cross if he's even just a bit damp that it doesn't make much difference.

The Flexitot doesn't leak at all and are fab in the daytime but just not absorbant enough at night. I will have a look at the Little Lambs and see if that works.

I have a fleece wrap I use at night but I hadn't even considered wool...

Thanks again ladies. Very informative smile

Chulita Wed 22-Jul-09 13:11:14

I use Ella's House Bumhuggers with a bamboo booster overnight with ME Airflow wrap. No leaks yet Otherwise the Minki Huggle is lovely but quite bulky.

BlueChampagne Wed 22-Jul-09 13:40:34

We use a large prefold with a booster. Works most of the time except when DS (23 months) starts yanking it around.

JoesMummy09 Wed 22-Jul-09 23:33:46

Thanks Chulita and BlueChampagne. Perhaps I'll try loading the boosters again but v reluctant to have him waking in the night again if I can avoid.

Don't mind bulk - although HV did ask if baby was in splints at 6 week check shock no.... was just his washable nappy.

weegiemum Wed 22-Jul-09 23:35:33

I would recommend a very well stuffed Minki!

Never, ever let us down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now