Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Eco friendly / biodegradable nappies

(7 Posts)
eleanorgrace Tue 21-Jul-09 15:11:01

I am expecting my first baby in 6 weeks time. We are keen to reduce the environmental impact but I'm not sure the reusable option will be a good idea for the first couple of months. (There seems to be a lot to learn and wash without the extra pressure of pristine nappies!)
I would be grateful for any feedback on brands such as Bambo (NCT website) or Nature Babycare, or anything else that people have found good.
Thanks very much.

margobambino Wed 22-Jul-09 00:54:24

I tried all of them
Bambo: OK in general.Cheaper than Tushies and Moltex. Contains small amount of gel in it. Training pants are a bit too tight (or my son has a chubby bottom)
Nature Babycare: Napies are horrible but training pants are not too bad.
Tushies: Only eco-disposable without superabsorbent gel. I think it is ideal for a newborn for that reason. It is thicker than others and leaks sometimes as it does not contain gel in it. Also a bit expensive.
Moltex: Expensive. Contains small amount superabsorbent gel. Comfortable, light and thin. Occasionally leaks.
You can request samples of each (exept natures babycare) from here
Good luck.

Pruneurs Wed 22-Jul-09 01:14:17

We used Nature nappies and thought they were good.
Friend used Moltex, also good.

Qally Wed 22-Jul-09 02:04:47

We use Nature - they're fine, and DS reacts badly to the conventional brands. But we are also now using reusables, having also decided it was too much hassle in the early days, and tbh it isn't any at all. I was really surprised. We use Tots Bots fluffles, which are microfibre, so soft in hard water areas and almost dry straight out of the machine. They don't need soaking, they wash at 60, they are really effective, and flushable liners reduce soiling a lot. They're shaped, just like disposables, and also masses cheaper - we buy new from Ebay, and they average a fiver a pop plus the cost of a wrap.

Nature we use for going out, so we aren't carting dirties, but for my next baby I'll use cloth at home from the start, so maybe buy one and see how you get on? I feel now like I poured cash away!

Shells Wed 22-Jul-09 02:46:45

We use Moltex. Love them.
Found Tushies too leaky and not strong enough.

eleanorgrace Thu 23-Jul-09 11:11:56

thanks very much, it's really nice to get a response from people who know!

Wonderstuff Thu 23-Jul-09 11:15:00

I don't know how 'eco' they are by my faves are Sainsburys eco nappies. I also use Modern Baby popins part time and find them really easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now