Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

3.5yr dd keeps wetting herself

(5 Posts)
Ladygooga Mon 20-Jul-09 13:34:19

Mt 3.5yr dd has been potty trained for mearly a year but over the past 3or 4 months she keeps wetting herself. And it seems to be deliberate most of the time as she only does at home or at her grandma's. She doesn't do it when we're out or at nursery.

She is not bothered about being wet in the slightest and it is really starting to get to me. I'm constantly cleaning up after her, the sofa is beginning to stink of wee and I'm constantly washing.

I've tried sticker charts, I've tried ignoring, I've concentrated on giving her more positive attention but nothing seems to work... I really am at the end of my tether and don't think I can cope with 7 weeks of school holidays washing and changing her

Ladygooga Mon 20-Jul-09 13:51:51

any ideas pleassseeee?

mumof2222222222222222boys Mon 20-Jul-09 14:03:27

Major bribery?

DS2 took his time with poos, and a Thomas duvet cover which he won, lost, won, lost....eventually seemed to help. He also got a scooter after a concentrated period of success?

Good luck - must be very trying for you.

Boomally Mon 20-Jul-09 14:31:36

Since you think she is doing it on purpose, if it were me, I'd tell her nicely but firmly, that if she continues to wet, you'll have to put her back in nappies. That should do the trick, because she would probably prefer not to wet and be like a "grown up".

Ladygooga Mon 20-Jul-09 16:05:07

I've threatened to put her back in nappies, I've even got her washable nappies out of the cupboard for her to see but she is just not bothered!

Also tried bribery of ice cream if she keeps her pants dry and it worked for one day but then she carried on weting herself next day. I took away her fav toy and gave it back when she kept her pants dry but again it worked once and then she carried on again.

I really don't understand! I wish I could put her back in nappies becasue its causes so much work and upset. This afternoon she has wee'd all over the living room floor and then sat back down on the sofa. I changed her and stayed calm but sent her to her room for 3 mins. She's come down and said sorry but she thinks that by saying sorry its okay to misbehave. Nothing seems to work with her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now