Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

another question!! Fleece wraps and liners!

(7 Posts)
jojo76 Fri 20-May-05 19:30:36

WOW i have been using reusables for about 3 or 4 weeks and i am OBSESSED!!!
lots of people on here seem to use fleece liners, do you find that runny newborn poo still comes off of these ok? do you wet pail them? I like the sound of them, they sound much nicer than scratchy paper...
and i have been looking into tots bots but am confused....the fleece wrap...is that an all in one nappy, or is it a wrap that goes over something else, and do i also need to use a waterproof wrap over the top, and if so which one??!!!!!! sorry for silly questions...real nappy novice!
wish id discovered mumsnet before i had the little man!

purpleturtle Fri 20-May-05 19:35:47

just bumping for you really. Can't answer your questions, because I've only recently taken the fleece liners route. My hot tip is: if making your own, don't choose fleece with brown in the pattern! Winnie-the-Pooh's face takes on a whole new meaning in ds's nappies .

Hope someone answers your wraps questions, because I don't know how fleece stops wetness getting out.

jojo76 Fri 20-May-05 19:54:55

thanks purpleturtle! Good advice about brown fleece!! hahahaha!!!

RuthN Fri 20-May-05 20:50:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sweetkitty Fri 20-May-05 21:35:22

I got my tots bots from nappy lady and babykind, babykind were fantastic they arrived the next day and they posted them recorded for me. I love my pink tots but they are a bit bulky as DD is petite so I've got some fuzzi bunz which i love (oh I've got Motherease One Size and Bumbles too) it so addictive.

Anyway I've only ever used fleece liners and they are great, don't need them with the bumbles or the fuzzi though. I use my tots bots/MEOs/bumbles with Motherease wraps haven't got any fleece wraps but fleece liners are fine. I prewash mine then normal 60 wash and theres not a mark on them.

jojo go to www.thenappylady.co.uk or www.babykind.co.uk it explains all the different types, I'm a recent convery too and its baffling.

LeahE Fri 20-May-05 22:16:40

The wrap just goes over the nappy instead of the normal PUL wrap. I wondered exactly the same so ordered some to see. Kittykins has a good explanation on their site:

"Although fleece wraps have no waterproof layer the fleece effectively stops wet getting through. In additon to acting as a water resistant barrier, becuase fleece is breahtable and therefore lets lots of air circulate around the nappy, the nappy inside should acutally be less wet than the same nappy inside a PUL wrap. The good air circulation is great for the skin and you won't find a hint of sweatiness or overheating with either fleece or wool wraps when used overnight - even in excess of 12 hours! Because the wraps work by slow evaporation and air circulation they do need to be a roomy fit to work at their best. Tight clothes, pyjamas or sleepsuits poppered tightly under the crotch can all cause 'compression wicking', pulling wet through the fleece as it is squashed against the wet nappy inside. Having a wrap that is to big is always preferable to a tight one and as long as the legs and waist are a reasonably snug fit you shouldn't get leaks even if the wrap is quite loose through the body."

For me fleece wraps are too bulky for regular daytime use but we always put DS in a fleece wrap overnight now -- they are fab and do indeed seem to keep everything dryer, and the red one in particular is soooo cute (although they do stripes and spots too). We use Tots Bots nappies and use the TB PUL wraps or the Motherease poppered PUL wraps in the daytime.

jojo76 Sat 21-May-05 13:04:40

right that does it, im going for tots bots and im going to try out the fleece liners and wraps!! Thanks for your advice girls!![GRIN]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now