Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Pre-washing advice please

(5 Posts)
ZippysMum Mon 20-Jul-09 10:31:57

Hello nappy experts. I'm very excited because I am expecting my washable (Lollipop pop 'n grow) nappies at 3pm. I need to pre-wash them and need some advice.They are an all- in-one, but supposed to be quite quick-drying. They have a microfleece inner and I will also be pre-washing the 2 boosters. One is bamboo, the other microfleece. Sorry that I am a bit clueless.

1) I have Fairy non-bio - should I use it, or not use any detergent to pre-wash?
2) We have a 1/2 hr 'daily wash' cycle on our machine - can I use that for pre-washing?
3) How many times should I pre-wash? Lollipop said twice, but I have read elsewhere that washables need 6-12 washes to get to their full absorbency! Nappies will be used for newborns initially.
4) If I pre-wash, say, 6 times, do I have to dry in between?

Many thanks and any other tips appreciated. We'll be using the washables with twins.

Wigeon Mon 20-Jul-09 11:53:48

I have Lollipop micro fibre ones and this is what I did:

Pre-wash once in non-bio.

That's it. They were fine. I used my normal cycle, which is about an hour I think. I think pre-washing 6 times is bonkers especially given a newborn is not exactly going to be producing pints and pints of wee.

Good luck with using your nappies and hope you love them! I love mine!

ZippysMum Mon 20-Jul-09 12:09:01

Thanks Wigeon!
I'll try them with one pre-wash on a full cycle.

Octothechildherder Mon 20-Jul-09 20:23:16

Pop n gro need atleast 4 washes to get them up to absorbency smile You should get full instructions with your order.

ZippysMum Mon 20-Jul-09 20:42:03

Thanks Octo - they are here and look so great!
Will get the machine going tomorrow... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now