Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Reusable pull-up nappies... and what clothes to wear?

(5 Posts)
sjp0408 Sun 19-Jul-09 22:41:42

I'm thinking of starting to potty train DD, 15 months and a cloth bot. She's relatively small at 9kg.

Are there any reusable pull-ups out there? I mean a pull-up nappy rather than a toddler trainer pant which seem a bit too advanced for the early stages!

Also, once you've started potty training, do people generally ditch those poppered vests? Just wondering as am going shopping tomorrow for a few clothes for DD and wondering whether to bother with vests for next size up. The reason I wonder this is when DD sits on the potty, the 'flaps' of the vest seem to get in the way and weed on.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Octothechildherder Sun 19-Jul-09 23:13:12

Motherease all in ones can be pulled up/down.

Vests without poppers - like man vests!

Good luck with the potty training smile

JennyPenny22 Mon 20-Jul-09 01:46:09

Not sure but just wanted to ask: Is she showing many signs of needing to potty training? 15 months seems very early? Sorry hope that doesn't sound rude, you might already know its early and have a good reason to potty train so soon but just wanted to ask incase. blush

tracedw Mon 20-Jul-09 15:02:00

Regarding nappies to use, i believe other mums have suggested a motherease sandy to use like a pull-up. My ds3 is 4 months old and 7.5 kg and wears a small. I have the next size up but they seem rather large at moment. The only drawback of using a fitted and not an AIO as suggested is that you would need a wrap,perhaps not at home though!

girlywhirly Mon 20-Jul-09 17:35:11

For ease and speed of removal, T shirts instead of bodysuits, trousers/shorts/jogging bottoms with elasticated waists, dresses/skirts that aren't too long or they are hard to lift up out of the way when sitting down on the potty. Dungarees are not practical, too slow to undo and pull down quickly.

There are some pocket nappies with stretchy sides you can pull up and down, you can add as much absorbency as you need or very little. They're called Yoyos from Nappies by Minki, and they start at 18 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now