Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Would anyone recommend the Pottette Potty Plus? If so where is the cheapest place to buy one plus the liners please?

(9 Posts)
AnyoneForPimms Sun 19-Jul-09 12:43:02

As the title says really.

We are going to France on hols and thought this would be good for travelling instead of taking a normal potty everywhere

Thanks

smile

cheesesarnie Sun 19-Jul-09 13:31:58

i havent heard of plus one but we got the ptette for travelling and it was great.dont bother buying the liners though.we used plastic bags that were already in the house from shopping and cheap sanitry towels-works out loads cheaper.

VanillaPumpkin Sun 19-Jul-09 13:34:29

We have the normal Potette and still occasionally use it and my dd's are 4 and 6. It has been great for us, for peace of mind if nothing else smile.

jaz2 Sun 19-Jul-09 13:45:30

I'd recommend it - especially when DS wants to do a poo (just potty trained, so can't ask him if he can "wait"). Liners are expensive if you're going to use them frequently: I also used to use cheap plastic bin liners and kitchen towels.

Mothercare do them, probably cheapest source?

SarahL2 Sun 19-Jul-09 13:53:34

I have a Pottette Plus and we love it. DS is happy to use it anywhere!!

It's great that you can use it as a trainer seat too as DS feels much more secure when he has to use public loos (he worries about falling in otherwise) and I feel a lot happier about him not having to sit directly on dirty loo seats. We use it much more often as a trainer seat than we do as a potty.

I got our pottette from Mothercare cause I was in a rush - this isn't probably the cheapest place to get it. I got a big pack of liners from ebay for a reasonable price but the plastic bag and sanitary towel thing would probably work just as well. Nappy bags would maybe even work. Just make sure you check shopping bags as lots have holes in the bottom and that would be disasterous!! The absorbant bit in the official ones don't ever soak up a whole wee in my experience so you always end up with a bag of liquid anyway.

I'd have a look on ebay, there were lots of poeple doing deals on pottettes with extra liners when I was looking...

AnyoneForPimms Sun 19-Jul-09 15:57:32

Thanks for all the advice.

When I potty trained my older 2 many years ago we just had to take the potty everywhere which wasn't really practical.

Will look on ebay and usual baby sites then smile

MaybeAfterBreakfast Sun 19-Jul-09 16:13:46

Got ours from JoJoMamanBebe with 10% MN discount.

Great for peace of mind and less bulky than carrying a regular potty. Can't comment on how well it works - ds1 has never actually used it (he's waiting for the day I forget to pack it).

AnyoneForPimms Mon 20-Jul-09 16:18:00

Bought one from Blooming Marvellous via mumsnet and got 15% off grin

Melinda76 Wed 22-Jul-09 15:42:20

We got ours from Boots - great buy really useful when out in park for the day and no loos in sight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now