Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Now that BLW is obviously working, what on earth do I do with the 'bits'?

(21 Posts)
weepootle Sat 18-Jul-09 15:49:35

Dd2's lovely runny bf poo is now thick stinky stuff with chunks, sorry for tmi. grin.

I obviously can't just bung the nappies (BG) in the machine any more, what on earth do you all do? I'm not keen on using paper liners- is this the only way?

weepootle Sat 18-Jul-09 17:57:01

Anyone? I've got a bin full of nappies and don't have a clue what to do with them!

CarGirl Sat 18-Jul-09 18:02:09

I used fleece liners and flushed the worst off down the lood, then pre rinse on machine before washing.

If it's very very sludgy I'd use paper liners, it's only for a short while then they get more solid IME.

You can get those really thick liners that you can wash if wet, flush if soiled. YOu get them in WAitrose can't remember the brand.

weepootle Sat 18-Jul-09 18:36:08

I'll try the fleece liners and if it's too messy I'll go for the paper ones. It was the flushing off down the loo bit I didn't know to do.

Thanks CarGirl. smile

cyteen Sat 18-Jul-09 18:38:34

Or you could scrape/flick the poo into the toilet with toilet paper...

SweetnessAndShite Sat 18-Jul-09 18:43:46

I agree. Fleece liners. I used to kind of douche them in the lav if necessary then put them in the bucket. Later on, when it gets a bit firmer (!) you can just give the liner a shake and the poo falls off.

nappyaddict Sat 18-Jul-09 18:46:39

I use fleece liners and flush the toilet and rinse them in that. You could do the same with nappies.

rusmum Sat 18-Jul-09 19:57:54

i use paper ones and fleece. flush paper ones, or wash if only wee- boots ones are soft and lovely- last 2-3 washes easy

MrsJamin Sat 18-Jul-09 20:07:27

Ah. We had a 'poo spoon' for the early BLW + cloth nappy days- an old wooden spoon kept by the loo for scraping! Later on you get adept at the 'roll and plop' method so you don't need the spoon.

tracedw Sat 18-Jul-09 21:02:06

I have a very powerful shower head and just shower poo off,comes off a treat, then shower the bath clean. Job done.

weepootle Sat 18-Jul-09 22:11:16

cyteen, that's what I had visions of doing - just wasn't fancying it much grin.

PMSL at 'poo spoon'! gringringrin

FairLadyRantALot Sat 18-Jul-09 22:15:37

how big are liners....sorry for hi-jack...but my ms has a poo problem, and soils a lot...just wondering if you could put liners into underpants, to avoid the pants get so dirty...

ruddynorah Sat 18-Jul-09 22:24:10

FIL loves telling us about his poo spoon from when dh was a baby..bleurghhhh smile

nappyaddict Sat 18-Jul-09 22:48:52

I made my own. I placed the fleece over DS' nappies and drew a shape that would cover the all thing. You could do the same with pants I suppose.

FairLadyRantALot Sat 18-Jul-09 22:54:37

what sort of material are the liners...
and thanks nappyaddict...

shonaspurtle Sat 18-Jul-09 22:59:05

I used the fleece liners as well and holding/flushing in the loo works pretty well. I've resurrected the techniqhe with poo accidents in pants <sigh>

FairLady, I've found holding ds's pants in the toilet and flushing gets rid of the poo as well as having a fleece liner would. Yes, you have to squeeze them out but virtually all the poo has gone. <gag>

FairLadyRantALot Sat 18-Jul-09 23:09:29

yikes...
what we do is collect pants in a bucket of water/laundr detergent and then rinse them out uner running tab outside...because poor ms poo is really sticky/gooey/gluey because of the medication

shonaspurtle Sat 18-Jul-09 23:16:07

You might find flushing before putting in the bucket gets rid of more than you'd think (depending on the power of your flush I suppose).

FairLadyRantALot Sat 18-Jul-09 23:18:24

lol...not so much the power of flush but the poo-stickyness,,,movicol is possibly all i need to say

shonaspurtle Sat 18-Jul-09 23:30:23

Ah, ok grin. We've been having the opposite issue. Ds's has been very windy with unfortunate consequences.

"Mummy! My bottom made a noise!" <shonaspurtle gets out yet another pair of pants>

FairLadyRantALot Sat 18-Jul-09 23:36:50

lol..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now