Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Stripping fleece liners?

(5 Posts)
BCLass Sat 18-Jul-09 13:43:53

My fleece liners smell vile. Some are 9mo old, some about 2mo, but they all smell.

I usually wash at 40 with half the detergent.

Should I try and strip them or dump them and buy new fleece? But I tried new 2 mo ago and these now smell as bad, if not worse than the originals.

We use Waitrose bottom butter and I think the problem ius that this has built up on the fleece. DD has also started getting a red bum.

How do I go about stripping? How high can I wash them?Should I use Bio?

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Octothechildherder Sun 19-Jul-09 22:08:28

Wash them at 60 with no powder etc.

BCLass Mon 20-Jul-09 21:14:19

Was thinking off using bio - you would go with no powder?

Octothechildherder Mon 20-Jul-09 21:18:23

No powder as it builds up in the fleece, reduces the flow of wee and makes them smell!

JennyPenny22 Tue 21-Jul-09 14:09:12

Yes do a one off run with no powder at 60. OR use washing up liquid. I guess in a handwash? I know washing up liquid for dishes(like fairy etc) is meant to be good at getting it out. But never needed to try it myself. I would be wary of putting it in the machine though incase you get bubble overflow!

I think it probably is to do with the butter you use on her bum, so it is probably going to happen again, even if you do but new ones. You might be better off with disposable liners while you use the cream?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now