Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

13 month old getting hysterical re nappy change

(4 Posts)
poppy34 Sat 18-Jul-09 11:58:30

My 13 month dd has started to get very upset/ angry when she has her nappy changed. It's gone beyond the usual wriggling so she now gets really upset whenever she is changed and whoever does it.
Any tips or is it a phase- toys don't seem to be working to distract her. Am thinking about using pull ups as may make things easier- any thoughts or views appreciated.

cookielove Sat 18-Jul-09 12:03:51

i've heard that quite a few parents change to pull ups cause it is just easier for them and the child, however if you do i suggest that u pull them up as they can tear quite easily.

Things we do at nursery to distract children that don't want to be changed, filling up clear bottles with sparkly stuff and pasta, or water (travel sized) e.t.c may help, we used to hang them above there head but obviously you may not be able to do that. So you could try giving them to them. Also we talk about all the things we can see around us, 'a chicken, oh a cow, it says moo' e.t.c oh and we have an animal themed bath room.

Hope that helps grin

GiraffeAHolic Sat 18-Jul-09 12:08:39

we've just switched to pullups with 15 month old dd. She was a nightmare, wouldn't lay down, grabbed the dirty nappy before I had a chance to move it, then ran off.

Life is much easier with pullups, she can stand up while I change her and will happily lay down if she's dirty as she knows it's only while I remove the dirty one.

And as an aside, they look a lot more comfortable for her, don't rub round the legs where you'd normally pull the sticky tabs tight.

poppy34 Sat 18-Jul-09 12:43:34

That's really helpful - thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now