Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How many nappies do I need?

(14 Posts)
Cies Fri 17-Jul-09 09:22:03

I've decided to use cloth for my first (due November). I'm getting a selection of second hand nappies together from internet, but want to know how many I need in total? And how many wraps?

So far I've bought (all size 1):

2 cotton tots bots

16 bamboozles

4 ME rikki wraps

5 tots bots wraps

I've got my eye on some Sandy's.

How many more do you think I'll need? DH is getting worried that this is turning into an obsession grin.

4andnotout Fri 17-Jul-09 09:24:54

Im fairly sure that amount would get you through 2-3 days grin

Im addicted to cloth too!

swampster Fri 17-Jul-09 10:14:11

You absolutely need the Sandy's if they are XS. And you need a small Itti Bitti D'Lish, a Blueberry one-size, a small Blueberry side-snap, a BumGenius or two... Before you are through, you might also want an Upsy Daisy, some Weenotions and a couple of Holden's Landing Bebugs.

twoclimbingboys Fri 17-Jul-09 11:10:32

swampster - I am loving all of your suggestions!

Bamboo sandys are especially fab.

swampster Fri 17-Jul-09 11:19:19

grin

I think I 'need' more nappies!

Cies Fri 17-Jul-09 11:19:59

Ooh, new types to try. Thanks - I'll keep my eye out. I'm going for a mix of cotton and bamboo because I'm not sure how long bamboo will take to dry here.

swampster Fri 17-Jul-09 11:21:24

Forgot to say, Cies, start looking aound for pre-loved Baby Beehinds bamboo BTPs - you will need them by the time your baby is three or four months old. And some lovely fleece or wool wraps for nights.

swampster Fri 17-Jul-09 11:23:53

I found Kittykins especially good at explaining what's what and they have a very nice range.

swampster Fri 17-Jul-09 11:24:32

... buy pre-loved grin

Cies Fri 17-Jul-09 11:26:42

you mean used? I am grin

Cies Fri 17-Jul-09 11:27:43

Thanks for that link - hadn't seen that site yet.

swampster Fri 17-Jul-09 11:30:42

Yes, used - but pre-loved is such a lovely euphamism for pre-shat-in!

twoclimbingboys Fri 17-Jul-09 13:25:07

pmsl at the pre-shat in!

Have you looked on clothnappytree and ukparentslounge for pre-loved nappies?

Cies Fri 17-Jul-09 13:57:50

Nope, only been on here and usednappy.co.uk. I'll have a look at those sites too. Thanks smile

ps I'm trying not to think about the pre-shat in concept!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now