Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Need a big potty..

(7 Posts)
ChasingButterflies Thu 16-Jul-09 23:10:45

..for ds

He's only 21mo and we're not starting potty training in earnest. But he's just got v interested in potties and wanting to wee in them(!) so I ordered him a Tombliboos one from Mothercare.

Problem is, he's way too big for it - he's big and tall, and in clothes for a 3yo, so now I'm wondering if all "standard" potties will be too small for him? His willy hangs over the side!

Any recommendations please?

ches Fri 17-Jul-09 03:14:51

Yes, DS was weeing all over the floor when sat on a Baby Bjorn potty at 18 months. He has a Fisher Price Froggie Friend potty and still fits it in 4yo clothes.

twoclimbingboys Fri 17-Jul-09 13:34:24

Toby loves his Jane (the buggy brand) motorbike potty. He is in 3 yo clothes.

The cheap boots standard ones are a little bigger than normal and I put him on small potties backwards so his willy can't come over iyswim? Although he dies know he should push his will down with his finger whilst he wees!

ChasingButterflies Fri 17-Jul-09 19:32:22

Thanks both, will google those - he really is far too big for the mothercare one!

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Fri 17-Jul-09 19:38:52

I have this potty used it for dd and for ds bought it for the very reason that dd was too big for a standard potty and couldn't sit on them using it now for ds.

It even has a wee fold down flap on the inside when you open it to stop wee boys decorating your room in wee. I have never used it as a step and toilet seat though just as a potty.

Really easy to open and empty just open the lid and slide out the bowl.

ChasingButterflies Sat 18-Jul-09 21:13:06

Thanks slattern (that sounds rude of me, sorry!)
That looks just the ticket

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Sun 19-Jul-09 20:04:39

You're welcome grin actually quite like that shortening of my name.
Is a fab potty great telly seat as well big enought to sit on for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now