Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Clothie holiday dilemna - help! What shall I do?

(6 Posts)
Octothechildherder Thu 16-Jul-09 18:02:48

I toilet trained ds3 two months ago and he has regressed - so have nappies back on - but now only have 5 fuzzis that I kept for night nappies - going on hols next week to sardinia - so will be super hot, have washing facilities but shared and not keen on smelly nappies in 35-40 deg heat (bleurgh)

Dh says take disps - which I loathe! But he has a point in the heat, luggage, space, washing etc!

I think ooh take a few disps for night/travelling - and on the beach he can wear his washable swimming trunks??? Or shall I take fuzzis for the duration? Am I just being silly taking my washables? argghh! If I keep him in pants/pull up washables could end up with mountains of washing - what would you do?

Thanks!!

purplesal Thu 16-Jul-09 21:51:47

I wouldn't take disposables, but then I really really really hate them with a passion. I am v proud of the fact that DD2 has never had a disposable on her bottom , including camping every year since she was 12 weeks old.

When I took washables camping I just hand washed them out each night - it took about 15 minutes and then left them to dry.

Is it just wee or poo as well? If is just wee then easy and lots of time in his swimmin trunks!

duvetheaven Thu 16-Jul-09 21:53:52

Octo - as you are a nappy guru of the cloth kind I think you may be seeking permission to use disps for your hols? Just grin and bear it - use disps. By using cloth 99 per cent of the time that's still way better than most nappy users grin.

4andnotout Fri 17-Jul-09 07:59:29

Im taking all my ittis to france with me tommorow, i think i have gone slightly ott though as i think i have 40 in the bag plus 6 bbh's for nights blush but that is for two babies!

However if you only have 5 nappies will you have enough? I think disposables will probably be better just for one holiday grin

Octothechildherder Fri 17-Jul-09 09:52:32

Still don't know what to do! Have big stash of stock pop n gro which would dry quick - really do hate disps - may go and raid the hire kits!

Arrghhhhhhh! Why can't he just get weeing and pooing in potty?!! He had it for ages and has just completely lost the concept.

Octothechildherder Fri 17-Jul-09 12:55:11

Sorted - have found prefold mountain and some large wraps - not my favourite but loads of them!!

Happy Holidays!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now