Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty training confusion and tummy ache

(5 Posts)
Pinkjenny Thu 16-Jul-09 09:31:43

Dd has recently started potty training, although we are taking a slow approach and taking her nappy off when we are at home. I am slightly concerned that she is becoming confused about weeing when she has a nappy on.

She has been complaining of tummy ache for a few days, but is generally fine, no other symptoms. I did notice that when I took her nappy off last night she did quite a few wees in a short space of time.

I am wondering whether she is holding it in? She has never complained of tummy ache before. Am I confusing her? Should we just go cold turkey and take the nappy off during the day completely?

Even last night when she got into bed (obviously with a nappy on), she was looking down at the bed and saying, "I've weed on the bed, mummy" and I had to reassure her that she had a nappy on and it was fine.

Pinkjenny Thu 16-Jul-09 09:44:38

Bump

Pinkjenny Thu 16-Jul-09 10:26:16

Just keep on bumpin'

ches Fri 17-Jul-09 03:17:11

DS used to say "My tummy hurts" and I'd tell him it was because he needed to wee (so that he could build the association) and sure enough, after a wee or a poo his tummy stopped hurting.

posieparkerinChina Fri 17-Jul-09 03:19:40

I would take the nappy off all day, without question. Do lots of trips to the loo, say every half an hour for the first week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now