Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

novice questions: changing mat & baths

(2 Posts)
greengecko Thu 16-Jul-09 09:21:16

I'm sure this is all really obvious to those more experienced...

1. How do I clean a changing mat? Disinfectant? Or is this harmful to baby's skin and should I just use soap and water?

2. I've just been using water and cotton wool for cleaning at nappy change time. DS is now 1 month old. Is it OK to keep doing this or should I be using baby wipes?

3. Likewise with baths, just been using plain water so far. Should I now start using soap as well? Lots of allergies in my family, so a bit worried in case DS's skin is also sensitive.

nursenatty Thu 16-Jul-09 09:51:54

Perhaps I'm a bit ocd but I used to wipe mat over with a dettol wipe and dry it off. If water if still coping with nappy change then stick with it as long as poss. I found Simple baby wipes very gentle though. If your babys skin is ok at the moment, again I wouldnt sart putting anything in bath, if it becomes very dry etc, ask HV advice on emollient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now