Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty training a 31month old dd

(4 Posts)
Corky Thu 19-May-05 18:42:37

Just wondering whether to try again with my dd. We tried to potty train my dd about 7 weeks ago. After 9 days it hadn't clicked and she would more or less wee when I asked her to, but she rarely took herself to the potty and therefore she still had accidents if I just left her. Also no. 2s were always in her pants and never on the potty.

Is she ever going to suddenly say she wants to go to the potty or is she just lazy and needs a bit more work.

I'm quite happy to leave things for a bit longer as I have a 12week ds but not sure how much to try and encourage the potty - at the moment she sometimes sits on it before the bath if I ask her to.

Pinotmum Thu 19-May-05 18:52:12

From my experience (limited ) you have to remind them for a good while really. It took my dd about 3 weeks to eventally poo in the potty but once she had done it there were no more accidents. I'd give it another go and just keep reminding her. In about 2 or 3 weeks you can gradually let her take the lead.

bigdonna Thu 19-May-05 21:06:52

maybe because you have a small baby this is her way of getting attention ,i would probably leave it maybe she will ask for the potty when she sees all her friends have big girl pants on.i would still leave potty out and if she does go on it its a ++++.

Corky Thu 19-May-05 21:24:40

Pinotmum - I did find that when I kept reminding her all the time to pee she ended up getting annoyed and then kept saying she didn't want to go and wouldn't sit on the potty even if I thought it was time she peed. When I ventured out after a week to playgroup I managed to get her to pee before we left and she would average about an hour to 1 hour 15 before she needed to pee so I asked her after an hour out and she said no, then 10 mins later she's standing in a puddle of pee! She also wouldn't sit on those potette things so we didn't venture out much at all. This drove me up the wall as I need to get out every day and I stayed in for over a week!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now