Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I'm finding this quite upsetting.

(3 Posts)
PrettyCandles Wed 15-Jul-09 19:08:56

Started toilet-training 2y8m ds2 on Saturday, and he's pretty much done now.

This afternoon 6yo dd wet herself - again. I know she's got a problem and is on long-term medication for it, but nonetheless I find it upsetting that my youngest child can do something that his older sibling cannot. Not even a skill, but a basic developmental milestone. And in my frustration that she had wet herself (and the sofa) I had to bite my tongue not to say "Your baby brother can do this - why bloody why can't you?!"

It's unfair on her. Both my frustration and the fact the ds2 has overtaken her.

I just feel so sad.

sobloodystupid Wed 15-Jul-09 19:47:21

But you didn't say anything PrettyCandles, so be kind to yourself. Toilet training is stressful, and of course, it would be logical to think what you did. I don't know the nature of your dd's problem, but it is common to have accidents with older kids who have no difficulties ie through excitement or laziness... <<heads off to clean up after 5 year old >>. Chin up! smile

PrettyCandles Thu 16-Jul-09 14:46:13

Thanks SBS.

It's not so much what I didn't say and accident that bother me, more that ds2 has overtaken her on such a fundamental thing.

I hope she doesn't feel this way too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now