Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Re-usables: Quick Poll, WHICH GETS YOUR VOTE FOR BEST NIGHT TIME NAPPY?

(26 Posts)
HeinzSight Tue 14-Jul-09 19:56:58

I've currently given up at night and am using disposables again.

Babieseverywhere Tue 14-Jul-09 20:25:10

My recommendation is for cotton quick flip nappies with a little kiew fleece wrap. Gives your baby a big bottom but them last all night.

Optional but I put a stay dry motherease underneath the quick flip and this keeps my DS bottom dry all night

HeinzSight Tue 14-Jul-09 21:03:28

Thanks Babieseverywhere smile

Any more recommendations?

craftynclothy Tue 14-Jul-09 21:10:59

We also had success with the Quick Flips, using the booster that comes with them (bamboo). If you need lots of extra boosting you can put some between the nappy and the wrap so you get more absorbency without affecting the fit around the legs.

Weenotions Night Notions

I also found a Berry Plush with a couple of Bambinex bamboo boosters worked well (obv. you wouldn't have to use bambinex ones, any bamboo booster would do).

4andnotout Tue 14-Jul-09 21:13:06

I have two in cloth and my favorite night nappy for both is a baby beehinds onesized bamboo or hemp with a new style tots wrap.

DD3 is a heavy wetter yet we have no leaks with this combo

HeinzSight Tue 14-Jul-09 21:33:09

I've not heard of quick flips. Can someone link?

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Tue 14-Jul-09 22:03:27

bumhuggers always worked for us or a heavily stuffed wonderoo.

duvetheaven Tue 14-Jul-09 22:07:07

Heinz -quick flips are sold by littlekiwi.co.uk

MrsBadger Tue 14-Jul-09 22:07:49

bimble or bumble
+ 2 boosters
+ ME / Nature Babies / new Tots wrap

like Crafty one booster goes in the pocket and one between nappy and wrap

dd is 23m and pees like a horse is a heavy wetter

the bimbles and bumbles are fleece lined so stay dry well

plimple Tue 14-Jul-09 22:10:53

I use 2 prefolds in a large cotton bottoms wrap. Bulky, but works.

swampster Tue 14-Jul-09 22:22:36

Another vote for Baby Beehinds but with a fleece or wool wrap.

CMOTdibbler Tue 14-Jul-09 22:24:55

Babybeehinds were my fave when DS was a heavy night wetter

twoclimbingboys Tue 14-Jul-09 22:26:27

soy upsy daisy night nappies - these can be fleece lined or BV lined etc - they are all custom ordered!

flippineck Tue 14-Jul-09 22:30:14

Another vote Quick Flips, cotton or bamboo both fine, with a booster of some kind and a wool cover.

JennyPenny22 Wed 15-Jul-09 00:24:17

Upsy daisy nappies made from french soy terry gets my vote every time!

My 11 week old can outwee most of the above in 6 hours - but she does wee for england!

I am surprised BBH have been said a few times for heavy wetters we use these in the day and after 4 hours are pretty wet.

DD2 (11 weeks) does use them at night occasionally but have to use both the boosters that came with it and an extra booster between the nappy and wrap if she is likely to sleep longer than about 6 hours.

My second choice would be WeeNotion night notions which we use most of the time while we are stocking up on UDNNs. We will be selling these now though as I have lots of UDs on the way! So let me know if you are interested!

JoyS Wed 15-Jul-09 03:09:27

Don't have any help as we are struggling with the same issue. DD2 is a tummy sleeper and every morning wakes up completely soaked, pjs grobag & sheets.

I DO, however, have a cautionary tale. Was using disposables with an extra doubler and wool cover over all. Monday night the sposie BURST. It was all open at the top and there were GEL CRYSTALS EVERYWHERE. shock shock shock

Would much rather have soaked sheets. Am still spooked by it. <shudder>

Octothechildherder Wed 15-Jul-09 07:54:37

Lollipop Bamboo, UDNN, rainbow stuffed with prefold, totseasyfit with extra bamboo booster, bumhugger with booster - make sure you have a good cover - rikki or onelife popper smile

fragola Wed 15-Jul-09 08:04:00

Anything that has a motherease airflow wrap around it!

KirstyJC Wed 15-Jul-09 12:46:46

Another vote for Little Kiwi quick flip - we have one in cotton and this, with a fleecy liner, is fine for my 8mo. (Not a v. heavy wetter though). They are quite big but very absorbant, and there is room for a booster if you need it. We use ours with a wool wrap and he never leaks.

We also have some Easy Peasy Bambeasy with poppered bamboo inserts and a Little Lambs bamboo - again, these have room for extra boosters if you need them and work well with the wool wrap.

I think wool and fleece wraps are supposed to keep the nappies a bit drier as they allow the wee to evaporate through, so the nappy is less wet than with a PUL wrap. If your LO is a very heavy wetter maybe it's worth trying a boosted nappy with a wool / fleece wrap?

CatWithKittens Wed 15-Jul-09 16:56:38

Toddlersize Terries have my vote - we are still using them for 6 year old and 43 month old boys and until earlier this year for a nearly 5 year old as well. I do boost them with an ordinary sized Terry nappy but with plastic pants they cope through the night. Wet beds are a real rarity and are the result of my carelessness in not tucking all the nappy into the pants rather than the nappy being too wet to cope.

claireybee Wed 15-Jul-09 16:58:50

Bumbles or wee notions. I stick an extra booster at the front of both though

sunfl0wer Wed 15-Jul-09 17:27:06

You could try a Modern Baby Pop-In nappy with the night booster - works pretty well for us and ours is an olympic widdler!

twoclimbingboys Thu 16-Jul-09 08:55:00

I should have said - I use fleece wraps and have started to use wool in the last week or so (soaring sheep shorties and they just fab - lonolised once and lasting overnight!).

I have stacinator and tots fleece wraps for sale, let me know if you are interested! grin

drlove8 Thu 16-Jul-09 18:54:40

i use a fluffle stuffed with a hemp booster and a pul wrap.... DD4 is a champion pee-er and at 3 does give her nappies a thorogh soaking.... we have never had a leak! ...grin ---- bring back the fluffles!

rusmum Thu 16-Jul-09 19:53:46

baby beehind or bumble

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now