Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

recommend a potty...

(16 Posts)
nomorecake Tue 14-Jul-09 11:51:39

sorry if this has been done many times before.

I had no idea there was such a range of potties out there!

would you recommend a simple cheap one, or one where the inner bit pops out or something more entertaining for the child (ie shaped like a car, etc)

some have rubber on base to make it non slip...

or there is training seats, but not sure if a potty is a must before a training seat?

what has been your experience and what would you suggest?

Rindercella Tue 14-Jul-09 11:54:02

<<lurks for wise MNers' tips>>

Octothechildherder Tue 14-Jul-09 13:03:20

a becopotty or mothercare tombliboos!

Bolshy Tue 14-Jul-09 13:10:04

Baby Bjorn potty chair was the only one that worked for my son - but he was very large and it was the only one that was robust enough and comfortable.

swampster Tue 14-Jul-09 13:34:09

I'm a big fan of all potties Baby Bjorn - fab designs. And the Totsbots potty looks lovely too.

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 14-Jul-09 13:36:52

We had the Fisher Price one here

holdingittogether Tue 14-Jul-09 13:41:47

ikea one is good. It's a bit bigger than most I have seen so easier for them to sit on and not miss. I have always used potty and training seat. If you are taking them to the toilet then training seat is better as you don't then have to clean the potty out but potty enables them to take themselves when climbing up on the toilet is a bit awkward when they are little. Also potty can be kept in the room you are in while they need to get there very very quickly. HTH

nomorecake Tue 14-Jul-09 13:53:30

ahh, that makes snse.
that really does help holdingittogether [smile.]

ds isnt a particular big child. so i wondering wheather a bigger potty, might be too big for him.

that Fisher price potty has s many good reviews!!

holdingittogether Tue 14-Jul-09 14:03:02

if you have a ds make sure which ever one you choose he can sit on and not pee over the side. Teach him to poke his willy down into the potty.

nomorecake Tue 14-Jul-09 14:05:40

smile.

ilovetochat Tue 14-Jul-09 14:08:26

dd is small and i found a small one in morrisons for £1, it is small enough to carry out and about in pushchair.
i had one downstairs and 1 upstairs as when she wants to go she wants to go grin
dd has just moved onto a training seat after 2 months but is too small to get on and off herself even with a step so potty essential.

nomorecake Wed 15-Jul-09 11:22:17

any more?

drlove8 Thu 16-Jul-09 19:00:58

we have had all different potties! the best thing is to go by the size of your dc's bum! tiny wee bots need tiny pottys ect. we have the fisherprice one for dd4( shes just at the looking stage, not using yet), but we had a boots cheepy for ds4 , whos bigger bumed, and had various different for the rest of them.... some kids dont like them and do better with a seat and step .boots do a fab one with handles for the LO to hold on toosmile

MaybeAfterBreakfast Thu 16-Jul-09 19:06:01

I bought a few of these from ToysRUs. Cheap enough to have a few scattered around the house.

It is quite small, but ds1 has a tiny bottom. Don't know if it would have been a problem for a bigger child?

Katerina75 Thu 16-Jul-09 19:09:16

Have Morrisons and Ikea ones. Ikea much better imo - seems to be more stable when ds is getting on and off and he seems more comfortable on it.

nomorecake Fri 17-Jul-09 15:28:25

thanks again.

i did see the ikea one, bjorn and then the john lewis one, which is what got me thinking about the differences.

ds has a small bum, thought ikea might be a bit big for him.

but like drlove8's dd, he's at the looking stage at the mo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now