Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

how long before your child asked to go to the potty / toilet?

(3 Posts)
rmc77 Mon 13-Jul-09 17:43:57

I started potty training about 10 days ago. DD is 2 years and 2 months and getting on well. She poos and pees in the potty quite happily but is still not telling me before hand ...I am just putting her on at regular intervals and she goes. we have a couple of accidents today (in garden luckily). She has only had about 3 full days of no nappies at all as we have had to go out and I have put a pull up on.
She can speak very well and seems otherwise ready according to all the indicators. Should I keep going even though she has not asked for potty yet? My MIL who is a HV is shaking her head and saying she's not ready as my nephew was 3 before they started even trying but I have a 4 month old baby and need to reduce the nappies due to costs and bin going only once a fortnight!
Just recovering from a bout of PND so maybe a sensitive!

burstingbug Mon 13-Jul-09 20:17:21

DS1 was about the same age as your DD, it took him a little while to get the hang of things then did ok until we went away when I stupidly put him in nappies again which set him back a mth or 2.
DS2 was about 2.9 pretty much did all the training and leading by himself. Once the nappy came off it stayed off.

We had the potty in the front room until they were confident enough to make it to the bathroom. DS1 used the potty for ages before using the toilet where as DS2 has pretty much bypassed the potty and is happy to use the loo.

DS2 is 3 next month and has been nappyless at night for a month with only 2 accidents.

Good luck, if she's happy to use the potty let her do so

rmc77 Tue 14-Jul-09 13:42:14

thanks for this. she is still using it so just soldiering on. I just always feel swamped by other people's opinions...when it is me clearing up most of the time so it's up to me isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now