Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Should I wait untill after holiday to potty train?

(4 Posts)
Loosingmymind Sun 12-Jul-09 19:24:59

Hi,
DS is 2.4 months and I feel he is ready to potty train, he will use the potty for pees if I ask him and has pooed in it once. I tried when he turned 2 but he peed all over the house all day! DD was just born though so it may have been that stopping him...

We are going to Blackpool for 5 days next month and I'm wondering if it is worth trying to potty train him just now or wait until after the holiday?

I'm worried that when we are away we will be out and very busy and active all day that he will forget to ask to go or we wont get to a toilet in time.

Also I have heard that it is better to train in summer when he can run about naked but when we get back it will be end of August so not much summer left...

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

marmoset Sun 12-Jul-09 19:35:54

I'd wait - my ds2 was 2.9m when we went to France and decided he wanted to try toilets. I spent most of the 10 days in the campsite toilet block and at the end of the day, he was over 3 before he was dry anyway so it was for nothing!

feedthegoat Sun 12-Jul-09 19:39:14

Remembering how stressful the first few weeks were I would wait personally. But it's obviously down to what feels right for you. I think I'd only consider it if I had 20 pairs of trousers or a washing machine on holiday mind!

Loosingmymind Sun 12-Jul-09 19:49:52

lol, thanks for that. Think I will wait then, he's moving into a bed next weekend so 1 change at a time I suppose...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now