Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy Laundry

(6 Posts)
pudding1976 Sun 12-Jul-09 18:44:27

Hi there, just wondering if anyone has used a nappy laundry. We're thinking of using Nappy Ever After, based in London. Any comments? Would love to know your experiences. xx

MrsBadger Sun 12-Jul-09 18:46:36

IIRC most of these services use prefolds, which I found utter rubbish compared to shaped nappies

but apart from that I can't comment...

swampster Sun 12-Jul-09 20:43:28

Agree with MrsB - steer clear of prefolds. Washing your own nappies is no biggie (providing you've got a washing machine).

purplesal Sun 12-Jul-09 23:04:45

Yes, prefolds are horrible - loads of leaks. You still have to wash the wraps, so you might as well wash the nappies as well. Plus having a bin of nappies for a whole week must be minging - you would need to store it in a garage I would think. Plus it is very expensive - more expensive than using disposables. I can't think of any plus points of using a laundry. Do you use a laundry for all your other washing?

Octothechildherder Mon 13-Jul-09 14:04:32

If unsure about using cloth get a few to try first rather than going for a leaky prefold. I don;t know any who used shaped nappies as part of a laundry service.

I have prefolds that I give away to people who have little money to spend on nappies as can't bring myself to sell them!

There are several sites you can buy trial kits from - maybe a nappy advisor coming to your home before you make a decision would be better??

sunfl0wer Wed 15-Jul-09 17:47:32

I've used a laundry service for 4 weeks before as our council offers it as a free trial.

The service itself was fantastic (no washing nappies for the first 4 weeks with a newborn - great)

However they only supply prefold system which wasn't so great. Prefolds are a great budget system but can be a bit fiddly and leaky.

If you really don't want to wash nappies then it might be a good option for you but do some research on the other nappies available for home laundering - it really isn't that much effort

Shame your not in Manchester as I could have given you a 1-2-1 demo and free nappy advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now