Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Am I chasing rainbows with DD at night?

(5 Posts)
Loopymumsy Sun 12-Jul-09 16:50:45

Message withdrawn

Starbear Sun 12-Jul-09 20:49:01

Ds is 4.8 yrs. I have tried but tired of changing bed linen everyday. I'm going to give up until he has dry nappies for a week. he doesn't like them but until his body is ready its not worth the hassle. Apparently it has something to do with their hormones. Apparently don't worry until they are about 7 yrs. I would relax and just let her sleep in nappies just don't talk about them as she can't do anything about it in her sleep.
To be fair I didn't think this at first but I've come round to leaving him alone.

purlease Mon 13-Jul-09 09:49:25

Going through this with DD. She had been dry for a few weeks and suddenly last week started wetting again so we have put her back in nappy pants.

One good tip I was given which doesn't help the child but reduces middle of the night disruption is to use disposable mattress covers - one on mattress followed by sheet, followed by another mattress cover and sheet. Then if there is an accident in the night you just have to take off top sheet and mattress cover and put child back on remaining sheet - very quick and easy smile.

Loopymumsy Mon 13-Jul-09 20:18:14

Message withdrawn

BaronConker Mon 13-Jul-09 21:01:26

Some children - and adults actually - don't produce enough of the hormone that causes your kidneys to concentrate your urine during the nigh. You know when your wee is orange in the morning - it's concentrated. If your kidneys don't do this, your bladder continues to fill so you need to pee in the night, or develop very good bladder control! For some children it's simply a case of waiting it out - they might grow out of it, or get good enough at holding it in while they sleep. My little sis wasn't dry at night until she was 12, and I have to get up twice a night myself to go to the loo, and now I can't get my DS (age 6) to be dry at night, so I'm pretty sure we've got a family tendency to this problem...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now