Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Should I try without briefs?

(4 Posts)
PrettyCandles Sat 11-Jul-09 13:22:12

I'm trying, for the third time, to toilet train ds2. He is 2y9m and has been able to hold on and ask to go to the toilet for the past year. The first time we tried was last summer but it seemed to upset him so we stopped.

NOrmally when he runs around naked he can easily hold on for 45min or more. When he is naked in the garden he rarely wees outdoors, but runs in to use the toilet. Or I send him to use the toilet if he hasn't been for a while.

Today he is in briefs and is constantly wetting himself (and everything else [grrr]). Most of the time he stops himself and goes to the toilet to finish off. Sometimes the accidents are as little as 10mins apart.

So should I give up on the briefs and let him go bare-bum?

Roobit Sat 11-Jul-09 23:13:52

You are doing well so far. Keep going with the briefs. It will all fall into place if you keep encouraging and praising when he goes to the toilet. I managed to toilet train in 7 days (after about 6months of asking for the toilet whilst wearing nappies). You just have to go with the flow. Dont get tooo stressed about it though, its a new skill to learn for both of you.

JudyBlume1019 Sat 11-Jul-09 23:20:26

Recently trained dd2 and we did a couple of weeks without knickers, and it really really helped. We had to have knickers a couple of times and had accidents every time.

If you can do no pants, I'd really recommend iit. The only thing that worked for us

PrettyCandles Sun 12-Jul-09 23:18:52

I was out this morning, and dh let ds2 go without briefs, but continued the active toilet-training. Then this afternoon - breakthrough! I put him in briefs after his nap, and he had only one little accident for the rest of the day. And he was weeing roughly every 45min-1h. Hooray! Yesterday got off to such a rocky start that I was quite downhearted. Ds1 trained completely in two days flat, showing constant improvement from the very begining.

Nursery tomorrow - I'm packing 3 changes for the morning session grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now