Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Breast Feeding & Liners

(9 Posts)
MrsDimples Thu 09-Jul-09 11:03:55

Hi all,

I am about to start using my Little Lamb Bamboo Nappies & not sure whether to start with disposble liners or fleece liners. Baby's poo is the yellow runny breast milk poo.

The Little Lamb disposabl liners seem quite stiff & harsh, I have a roll of Tot Bots liners too.

All help greatly appreciated.

BlueChampagne Thu 09-Jul-09 13:23:38

I started using disposable liners with breastmilk poo but decided it was a waste of time and effort, so didn't bother with any liners. Just a quick flush down the bog and into the bucket. Moved to fleece with weaning.

KirstyJC Thu 09-Jul-09 18:13:27

I'll second that - paper and fleecey liners seemed a waste of time with BF poo - it always leaked through / out etc. The paper ones were worse IMO 'cos all you had was a yellow stained piece of paper to throw away - and you have to pay to replace them!!

My advice is not to bother - you'd be amazed at what your washing machine will get rid of. TBH I didn't even bother rinsing / sluicing in the loo - I found if I did that then I had a yellow-pooey-dripping nappy to put in the bucket, leaving a trail over my hands/the floor / edge of toilet - no matter how careful I was! I just put the whole nappy in the pail, poo and all! If he did a really HUGE runny poo then sometimes I dripped it out over the loo first but really the amount that still went in the machine, I don't think it made any difference. Sorry, possibly TMI there blushgrin.

I have a bamboo LL and some cotton as well. The cotton stains a bit longer but the bamboo generally come out quite clean and even tough stains come off eventually when you get more solid poos. (They do catch the poo well at the legs so the elastic bits are prone to stains, with or without liners.

Now my DS is doing 'big boy' poos both the paper ones and the fleecey ones are fine - just drop the poo into the loo and that's it.

HTH

Octothechildherder Thu 09-Jul-09 20:33:21

Little lamb liners are terrible!! Like public toilet paper in the 70's!

Would go for fleece or the tots ones.

thisisyesterday Thu 09-Jul-09 20:35:52

i use fleece liners just so that it is drier on baby's skin.

MrsBadger Thu 09-Jul-09 20:58:41

no liners at all here (though I was using Bimbles whose inner layer is fleece anyway)

no flushing either, just do a prewash before the normal wash

hnaging them in the sun takes all stains out

MrsDimples Mon 13-Jul-09 15:21:04

Thank you everyone.

Baby graduated from newborn to 0-3 this weekend, so there is room for the washable's. Just put her in first washable bamboo, no liner *fingers crossed*.

grin

sunfl0wer Wed 15-Jul-09 17:39:41

I would definately give the fleece liners a go to keep babies bottom a little drier. If you dry pail even the very dirty runny ones then do a cold rise cycle on your machine before your main wash - that will get rid of the urine and any 'bits' before the main wash for you. You might have a few stains - but a couple of hours in the sunshine will sort that our for you

BertieBotts Wed 15-Jul-09 18:28:22

If the nappy has a fleece layer next to the skin then don't bother, if it doesn't then I would use a fleece liner.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now