Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

2wk old has wee leaking out of nappy

(11 Posts)
appletiser Wed 08-Jul-09 21:54:38

hi - need some advice plz - this happens mainly in the night - his wee has leaked and back is usally wet - am sure nappies are being fastened right...have tried huggies instead of the pampers but that just makes it worse for some reason.. any suggestions ?

Haribosmummy Wed 08-Jul-09 22:03:26

Well, I def. prefer Pampers for a boy (my DS is now 1YO)

I also find it beneficial to make sure his willy is pointing downwards - any other way when he was little would mean a soggy little boy!!

Also, I found that, until he was about 8 months old, it was beneficial to change his nappy during the night, which meant he could sleep on in the morning if he wanted to (but my son didn't sleep through til about 10 months old)

Hope that helps.

MegBusset Wed 08-Jul-09 22:10:55

I find Tesco own brand much less prone to leak than Pampers/Huggies -- cheaper, too!

At that age the nappies are so small that they aren't very absorbent, so would definitely change in the night even if they haven't pooed.

And Haribosmummy is right about the willy -- point it down!

DebInAustria Wed 08-Jul-09 22:23:15

Change in the night if you have to but I tried not to unless it's poo as it wakes them up even more. I think maybe check willy position like Haribo says, and check size of the nappies. I used to find they leaked if they were too small or too big

Haribosmummy Wed 08-Jul-09 22:29:53

I agree, Deb, changing the nappy (for my DS anyway) woke him up and I only did it because he woke to feed anyway. I really try not to change him nappy at night now unless I need to, as it will wake him up.

But, I think that's child dependant - some babies can sleep through without problem!

tellyaddict Wed 08-Jul-09 22:30:32

Have you tried a cloth nappy instead? Even if you don't want to convert to cloth, using them at night will mean leak free nights (I talk as a previously disposable user now cloth user so have experience of both). If you go for a two part one (ie nappy plus cover) then you can add as much/little extra boosting as you need to see them through the night without a nappy change, unless they have pooed. No wet backs in the morning is bliss!

twoclimbingboys Wed 08-Jul-09 22:38:40

Good cloth night nappies are more reliable, but I used disposables on DS1.

Put him up a size or 2 for overnight in pampers - the larger the nappy the more absorbency.

JoesMummy09 Wed 08-Jul-09 22:43:32

We had leaks when DS was just between sizes. Now he is bigger no leaks.

We use cloth in the day and Boots super dry disposables at night, with a nappy wrap over the top.

I like TotsBots fleecie because it is breathable.

Couldn't get on with cloth at night but prob using the wrong type and DS extra sensitive to wet.

appletiser Thu 09-Jul-09 07:02:57

wow thanks for the advise... i usually change him in the night when he wakes for feed... though he will usually wake up before that crying if his back has gotten wet....will try all the suggestions.. thnaks

dawnibumps Fri 10-Jul-09 13:26:32

lidls toujours nappies are the best, without doubt. i have tried all the other brands, my daughter could make pampers and huggies leak within minutes. she can wear a toujour nappy overnight and still not leak.

appletiser Wed 15-Jul-09 22:50:16

i went up one size of nappies.. and so far only one leak - when he manged to completly soil and soak it...
thanks for all the advice..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now