Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Night training - should I give up or carry on??

(9 Posts)
runtus Wed 08-Jul-09 15:22:47

3 yr old boy who wets the bed while asleep and doesn't wake or even stir.............Started night training 3 nights ago so i know it is early days but if he is totally unaware of it am I wasting my time even trying??

He's not long out of nappies but took to it so quickly and has been waking up with dry or very slightly damp pull ups for a while and he has been asking to not wear one at night. Have heard som many stories of "missing the boat" with night training I thought it was worth a go but now I'm not sure.

Any advice please???

rubyslippers Wed 08-Jul-09 15:28:19

wasting your time

i wouldn't even try until he has at least 3 dry nappies on the trot on waking

night time dryness is linked to hormones and until there are sufficient quantities they will continue to wet at night

My Ds is 3 - been dry and clean in the day for 6 months and nowhere near ready for night training

CMOTdibbler Wed 08-Jul-09 15:34:55

I'd give up - DS is 3, been out of nappies during the day for a year, and still wets at night. He sleeps like a log, and in the recent hot spell wouldn't put a nappy on, and woke up if I put one on later - when he wet the bed he didn't notice till morning.

My current policy is if he won't put a nappy on at bedtime I leave him like that, then at 10, carry him to the loo, let him wee (is asleep still), then put the nappy on.

notnowbernard Wed 08-Jul-09 15:42:53

I'd give up and agree with what the others have said

DD2 has been dry in the day since Easter and is 100% reliable. Nowhere near ready at night though. I won't think about it until she's had 5 dry pull-ups in a row

And I have DD1 who is 5.8 and only just out of pull-ups at night, so please don't fret smile

runtus Wed 08-Jul-09 15:52:38

Right you've helped me make up my mind................just have to convince the other half and i can relax about missing that boat!

bubblagirl Wed 08-Jul-09 15:55:24

my ds is 4 and its down to as hormone that kicks in when there dry not something you can force

i was told not to lift when asleep to wee as it just helps them wee asleep they need to wake up and know they need the toilet to go its a hormone that does this and can kick in form any age if still wet at night at 7 is when you should seek help

dont fret about it many children are still in night nappies when start school no doubt my ds will be as his nappies are still wet at night it will happen when his body is ready and im ok with that it becomes like a competition to some but pay no attention to it

Picante Wed 08-Jul-09 15:58:09

I can't see the impatience to train at night - nappy on and you don't have to worry about wet beds. I'm going to leave it as long as possible! (DS is 3.3)

Sidge Wed 08-Jul-09 16:01:42

Wasting your time.

If he doesn't wake when wet and is still making gallons of wee then wait a while longer. He's still very young for night dryness.

andlipsticktoo Wed 08-Jul-09 16:05:15

My ds1 and 2 were both dry at night by 3 and it just happened, I didn't train them.
However ds3 who is 6 is still having to wear pull ups at night as he is still not reliable.sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now