Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

washable advice needed

(8 Posts)
MERLYPUSS Tue 07-Jul-09 21:42:51

I qualify for the nappies for London voucher and I have 16mth twin boys. The voucher runs out at 18mths so I have applied today. I always meant to but, y'know, it never happens.
What I would like to know is....
What nappies would be best for my 2. One is a right chunkster and the other much slimmer. Both active and pee a lot. They would be for use during the day only and I would need something that is as close to a disposable as poss otherwise OH 'just wont go there'. Minimum faff as poss.
Any ideas?

swampster Tue 07-Jul-09 21:51:14

A birth-to-potty pocket nappy like BumGenius or Pocket Tot - some here. No good for nights but fab during the daytime. Blueberries (also on that link) are gorgeous but pricey and Ittis are pure gorgeousness but not 100% reliable in my experience (I still use them though cause they are lush).

purplesal Tue 07-Jul-09 22:39:58

The new Lollipop Pop,n,Gro - an all-in-one with the outer wrap attached but no fiddly pockets to stuff. Comes with 2 boosters - a quick drying microfibre one and a slim but slow dring bamboo one. Will definitely fit both of your boys. Arrange an appoitmnet with a Lollipop advisor who will be able to show you the Pop'n'Gro but also lots of other nappies that might be suitable - Bumgenius, Tots Bots Easifit, Itti Bittis, Pop-ins etc

Octothechildherder Wed 08-Jul-09 08:31:09

Fuzzi Bunz smile

KirstyJC Wed 08-Jul-09 10:18:03

I think BumGenius would be worth a try, but like others say it would be worthwhile to get an advisor to try others too.

My DH was very resistant to real nappies too, so I got BG 'cos they have velcro and I can pre-stuff them - so he just uses them like a disposable. I did like the Fuzzi Bunz and Mommy's Touch but they have poppers - I got sick and tired of all the poppers - vests, sleepsuits then nappies too....! I also found it hard to know which popper setting to use, although suspect this would get easier if I had stuck with it!

Although, regarding resistance from DH, I have got some 2 parts as well and he has gone from leaving dirty nappies on top of the pail ("Not doing that bit, you want to use them so you can sort the poo out") to using reusable wipes, empying nappy in loo, taking inserts/boosters out, airing the wraps, and putting all parts in pail....they do learn eventually winkgrin! He even puts on the nappy-nippa night nappy and wool shorts now too!

MERLYPUSS Wed 19-Aug-09 23:02:02

Thanks for your help. I went for 3 x ittis and one Modern baby pop-in (I think it's called, in bamboo). Also had extra boosters and liners. Got them through lollipop as they take the vouchers. I have had a few probs witht he liners rucking up and explosive poos which OH gags at. I found some cotton bottoms and have also been using those and if I set them up OH will give them a go too. (We just dont have enough to go full time.) But they are on their last legs in terms of size. I was thinking I may even branch out and get some pockets but need to find a bargain. Ideas greatfully grasped at. Watch this space.

4andnotout Thu 20-Aug-09 08:13:25

Have you heard about the new coolababy pockets they are only £5.50 with insert at babybots, they have very good reviews

Octothechildherder Thu 20-Aug-09 10:17:21

4 - they do sound good and very cheap - will wait til a few on the general chat thread have tried them out first! They have been on ebay for ages but never bought any as was dubious as to whether they worked. Also they were in China - but now babybots has some will be good to see how they compare to other pocket nappies aswell.

Glad you ordered through Lollipop! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now