Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

10 months, nappy change at night?

(5 Posts)
notcitrus Sun 05-Jul-09 19:53:25

My pfb was doing well at not needing nappy change in the night, from about 4mo until 9mo.
But the last 2 weeks he's been waking at 3am totally soggy (and not wanting to bf, which is brand new for him), and sometimes will make another nappy soaking within 30 min of a change!

Is this normal? People go on about babies feeding in the night but no-one seems to mention nappies after the first few months. And what nappies might help?

He's been using Bumbles with a booster at night, which are normally great. I've tried a couple disposables which I'm not sure were any better and give him rash. Bumgenius leak at the legs - he's a chubby-bottomed baby! Tonight's experiment is a Kushie with 2 booster pads in it...

Ideas?

thisisyesterday Sun 05-Jul-09 19:57:50

hmm are the nappies actually soaked through, or just leaking?
i mean, could it be a nappy problem in that they're not absorbant enough, or that the wee is flowing off instead of being absorbed quick enough?
30 mins is a very, very short period of time to completely soak a nappy

notcitrus Sun 05-Jul-09 20:03:23

First change definitely soaked.

2nd time might be a flow-not-absorbing problem - it's dripping at the front but back is dryish. Suspect I'm not at my best at nappy-nipping at 4am either...

thisisyesterday Sun 05-Jul-09 20:09:07

what i was wondering was if the nappies need "stripping"?
they can sometimes become less absorbant after a while because of a build up of detergent in them
so giving them a nice hot wash with no washing powder, maybe just some white vinegar in the rinse might help?

our fave nighttime nappies at the moment are (in order of preference):

minki (standard)
baby beehinds
wee notions

ches Mon 06-Jul-09 02:52:43

Around 9 months releasing their bladder stops being unconscious and they start waking up in the night, releasing their bladder and then either yelling for a nappy change or going back to sleep. I always changed DS's nappy at night, usually 4 changes because he reverse cycled and refused bottles (and food) during the day and got all his milk at night. It seemed disgusting to leave him in a wet nappy when we were both up anyway for him to feed. I changed him, fed him and we both went straight back to sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now