Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty trained for about a year, suddenly gone wrong.

(4 Posts)
Distel Tue 17-May-05 11:17:51

My DD is just 3 and has been potty trained for about a year. Last week she just stopped telling me that she needed a wee and has started wetting herself again. I have tried asking her calmly why she does it and all she will say is sorry, I have also really lost my temper which ended with us both crying and I think I fely worse that she did . Any ideas, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated as we have hit rock bottom with it and I am lost for ideas. Thankyou x x

NannyL Tue 17-May-05 11:31:12

Dont make an issue of it...

make HER go into the toilet / bathroom (so weather you wee in the loo or your pants you still have to GO there) and make HER take off her wet clothes in there, and put them in the wash basket, and then get her to get some clean clothes to put on in the bathroom.

hopefully it will seem like too much effort so she will use the loo again.

Also have you taken her to Dr to check for an infection? that could be another reason.

Rhubarb Tue 17-May-05 11:35:11

Has she started to do something new, like nursery or a new toddler group? My dd had a relapse when our ds was born, she would hold it in until it was too late. She was always very shamefaced afterwards. I would give the thing as little attention as possible, just change her knickers without saying anything more about it.
You could tell her that when she has been dry for 3 days you will take her into town and she can choose some new knickers of her own. Praise her when she does ask for the toilet and when she keeps dry. Remind her of the toilet all the time, but when she does have an accident don't make an issue out of it. I know it's hard, but it will pass.

Distel Tue 17-May-05 11:39:46

DH had sugested an infection but sometimes she does still ask for the loo sometimes. Great idea about the new pants, will do that this afternoon. Hopefully she won't want to wet the new ones. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now