Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Larger potty

(10 Posts)
iwouldgoouttonight Sun 05-Jul-09 14:35:25

When we tried to potty train DS a couple of months ago (he's 2.10yrs) he was fine to begin with but then seemed really uncomfortable on the potty and didn't want to go it. His bottom looked all squashed into it and his willy only just fitted in. Thinking of trying to find a bigger potty but don't really want to spend lots of money on the chair type ones if the potty itself isn't the problem. He doesn't want to go on the toilet either.

Does anyone know of normal potties with slightly bigger holes to sit in? We just have a mothercare one at the minute.

Babieseverywhere Sun 05-Jul-09 15:16:23

I like the boots pink/blue 'Learner Plates' potties they seem to be bigger and better designed for boys.

bodiddly Sun 05-Jul-09 15:27:48

we used the chair style potty for ds as I thought he looked really uncomfortable on the other kind as well. This way he used to sit there with a pile of books and relax whilst on the potty! Try something like this

ches Sun 05-Jul-09 16:23:54

Toilet seat insert? Fisher Price frog potty is the only one DS fit in without wee going all over the floor (up instead of down).

kazbeth Sun 05-Jul-09 16:42:43

That's the one we have bodiddly. We originally had just a cheap ikea one but she was so uncomfortable in it we had to splash out and get a new one. We got her to pick her own one in a bid to get her interested in potty training too. So far it's been going well and she looks mucvh more comfortable on it.

bodiddly Sun 05-Jul-09 16:46:53

they are definitely better ... ds pretty much toilet trained himself because we left a pile of books next to it and he used it like an arm chair!

Used this for both of ours, very comfy looking and very stable. Bit pricey for a potty though blush.

ches Mon 06-Jul-09 02:48:17

DS's penis used to get squashed up against the front of his friend's Baby Bjorn and the wee would go all over the floor. This was when he was 20 months old. (Admittedly in 3yo clothing. )

iwouldgoouttonight Mon 06-Jul-09 09:30:30

Thanks - good idea about him helping to choose (although think I'll have to narrow them down first otherwise he's bound to go for the most expensive with flashing lights on or something!)

We have a toilet seat insert as well but he doesn't want to go on that any more either (nor just on the normal toilet seat). So not completely sure if it is the potty that's the problem? He seems scared to go on anything (strange as the first day of potty training he did all his wees and poos in the potty and was very pleased with himself!).

Jojay Mon 06-Jul-09 09:37:17

I have the Boots 'L' plate one too and it's huge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now