Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Mostly dry at night - suggestions on a good light weight nappy

(10 Posts)
Frangipani74 Sun 05-Jul-09 12:42:18

Hurrah, my 3yr old pretty much potty trained and mostly dry at night. We had been using disposables on him at night but now fed up of throwing away a dry nappy every morning. The real nappies I have at the moment aren't really suitable to use - nippa style can't be pulled up and down. Also my 7month twins are using them anyway.

So I'm after some fairly lightweight popper style nappy - doesn't need to be super absorbant. Also want something that's not too expensive. Someone suggested minki yoyo's but even second hand these seem a bit pricey. Any suggestions?

amidaiwish Sun 05-Jul-09 12:47:34

Why don't you just leave the nappy off and get a bed protector sheet just incase?

Frangipani74 Sun 05-Jul-09 20:19:23

Because I'd still have to wash sheets, duvet cover and pyjamas, get them dry and re make the bed and with 7mo old twins I just don't have the time - I barely manage to keep up with the laundry anyway.

thisisyesterday Sun 05-Jul-09 20:23:19

if he's dry most mornings then surely you can re-use the disposable one????

twofalls Sun 05-Jul-09 20:29:57

I asked a similar thing a little while ago Frangipani. I never bothered in the end but I think someone sugggested a couple of options;

here

CMOTdibbler Sun 05-Jul-09 21:35:47

An XL Fuzzi Bunz works well - they are lightweight and can be pulled up and down easily. You can stuff them with at little or as much as you like. It's what my 3 year old is wearing at night

Frangipani74 Mon 06-Jul-09 13:22:15

Thanks, I'll check out the Fuzzi Bunz - although are these also quite pricey.

thisisyesterday - my little boy tends to sweat quite a bit, he also has toddler diarohea (Sorry I never know how to spell that)so the disposable never smell the freshest the next day and some times (TMI) has skids!!

CMOTdibbler Mon 06-Jul-09 13:52:38

You might be able to get some second hand - I picked all mine up from here or the Yahoo realnappy group for a fiver each, and expect to sell them for not much less when I've finished with them.

And you only need two - one at a pinch if you had a second set of stuffing as the outer dries very quickly

JoyS Tue 07-Jul-09 15:03:44

What about a motherease Sandys? We use it with a wool cover but if you're not worried about a LOT of pee you could just use it on its own. Pulls up and down easily, pretty absorbent, comfortable, cheap. You'd only need 3 or 4.

Frangipani74 Wed 08-Jul-09 07:17:08

Thanks JoyS, I did wonder if Sandys might be suitable and they're definitely a cheaper option 2nd hand.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: