Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Mostly dry at night - suggestions on a good light weight nappy

(10 Posts)
Frangipani74 Sun 05-Jul-09 12:42:18

Hurrah, my 3yr old pretty much potty trained and mostly dry at night. We had been using disposables on him at night but now fed up of throwing away a dry nappy every morning. The real nappies I have at the moment aren't really suitable to use - nippa style can't be pulled up and down. Also my 7month twins are using them anyway.

So I'm after some fairly lightweight popper style nappy - doesn't need to be super absorbant. Also want something that's not too expensive. Someone suggested minki yoyo's but even second hand these seem a bit pricey. Any suggestions?

amidaiwish Sun 05-Jul-09 12:47:34

Why don't you just leave the nappy off and get a bed protector sheet just incase?

Frangipani74 Sun 05-Jul-09 20:19:23

Because I'd still have to wash sheets, duvet cover and pyjamas, get them dry and re make the bed and with 7mo old twins I just don't have the time - I barely manage to keep up with the laundry anyway.

thisisyesterday Sun 05-Jul-09 20:23:19

if he's dry most mornings then surely you can re-use the disposable one????

twofalls Sun 05-Jul-09 20:29:57

I asked a similar thing a little while ago Frangipani. I never bothered in the end but I think someone sugggested a couple of options;

here

CMOTdibbler Sun 05-Jul-09 21:35:47

An XL Fuzzi Bunz works well - they are lightweight and can be pulled up and down easily. You can stuff them with at little or as much as you like. It's what my 3 year old is wearing at night

Frangipani74 Mon 06-Jul-09 13:22:15

Thanks, I'll check out the Fuzzi Bunz - although are these also quite pricey.

thisisyesterday - my little boy tends to sweat quite a bit, he also has toddler diarohea (Sorry I never know how to spell that)so the disposable never smell the freshest the next day and some times (TMI) has skids!!

CMOTdibbler Mon 06-Jul-09 13:52:38

You might be able to get some second hand - I picked all mine up from here or the Yahoo realnappy group for a fiver each, and expect to sell them for not much less when I've finished with them.

And you only need two - one at a pinch if you had a second set of stuffing as the outer dries very quickly

JoyS Tue 07-Jul-09 15:03:44

What about a motherease Sandys? We use it with a wool cover but if you're not worried about a LOT of pee you could just use it on its own. Pulls up and down easily, pretty absorbent, comfortable, cheap. You'd only need 3 or 4.

Frangipani74 Wed 08-Jul-09 07:17:08

Thanks JoyS, I did wonder if Sandys might be suitable and they're definitely a cheaper option 2nd hand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now