Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

nippas / grippas - a real pain in the Bots

(6 Posts)
paranoidmumdroid Fri 03-Jul-09 10:56:17

Whats my alternative to these awful things? They were fine when bubs was placid and still, but now that he's a muscular energetic 6 month old they always seem to work their way loose. This morning i thought he was just tired but the grippa had pulled loose and was tight across his tum with no nappy undernear, and the pointy bits were uncomfortably close to his crown jewels.

I find it really hard to get them on securely enough. I stretch hard and spend ages trying to make sure every prong is tightly hooked into the fabric, but to no avail.

Please please tell me there's something else i can use, I think tots bots are great but i don't get on with the velcro ones......

NumptyMum Fri 03-Jul-09 15:16:51

Watching this as I've had similar problem (and yes, with DS's crown jewels too)... the only thing I can think is that sometimes I've had the sideways nippas too horizontal (ie not pulling up, but sideways, if that makes sense) and perhaps it was something to do with this? Will wait to see what other people suggest...

paranoidmumdroid Fri 03-Jul-09 18:26:18

Thanks for responding NMum

Looks like we are the only nippa-numpties around.........

Have you tried any trad-style pins? Not sure if they're wide enough for tot bots when the tabs don't meet in the middle, but i might track some down. Nippa failures happening every few days here. Maybe i just lose focus and don't quite get it right, but i thought these things were supposed to be quicker and easier than the pin!!!!

TheFool Fri 03-Jul-09 19:00:02

I used nippas on both children and had no issues, so no real help there.

I would say though that you could always try pins, but use one per tab (one across both ends up with random droopy bits iyswim)

littlelamb Fri 03-Jul-09 19:01:38

My ds can pull his nippas off at night if he tries hard enough, I wince for his bits shock WHat kind of wrap are you using? I find velcro ones useless now, but opper ones, like Motherease Airflow are much much more secure

littlelamb Fri 03-Jul-09 19:01:53

popper

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now