Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

So should I be taking BumGenius inserts out before washing or not?

(4 Posts)
KirstyJC Thu 02-Jul-09 18:16:25

I have been using BG for a couple of months now, and every time I take one off DS I carefully take the insert out before dry pailing and washing, as the instructions said.

However, I have heard a rumour on here that you don't actually need to do this, and that it is fine to just bung them all in the wash with the inserts still in. Anyone out there know if this is true? Do the inserts come out in the wash then and are they clean?

I am tempted to just try it but some of them are a bit yuck (I don't pre-rinse as my machine doesn't have a sep programme for this and I'm too lazy to do it by hand!).

Thanks in advance for your help smile.

PfftTheMagicDragon Thu 02-Jul-09 18:18:32

I have found that the inserts do not come out in the wash. I left them in at first as I was used to Fluffles and the inserts come out with those.

thisisyesterday Thu 02-Jul-09 18:35:24

never used bumgenius, but I have a fair few other pocket nappies and if i forget to take the inserts out they don't come out by themselves during the wash,

i always remove them first so they get properly clean

michelle3000 Thu 02-Jul-09 18:37:05

Hi

I used BG's for a good couple of years on my DD and I used to leave the inserts in.

Very very rarely did an insert not come out in the wash...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now