Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Night Nappies

(11 Posts)
Scotia Thu 02-Jul-09 10:31:06

I need advice on good night nappies and wraps please

I'm using itti bitti d'lish in the day time and have been using sandys and pul wraps at night. I have one fleece tots wrap too. The sandys are getting too small now so need something bigger for him.

Any ideas about what nappies will keep him reasonable dry all night? And I don't really like the pul wraps at night on him as his legs are a bit red looking in the mornings.

Help!

Both of mine have always slept in Minki Pockets.

You can stuff them to what ever absorbacy you need, they wash amazingly, (I have only ever had 4 and they are on their 6th year of use!) I have never had a leak or a mark.

They are bulky, esp. a fully stuffed standard, but they are just fantastic imo.

KirstyJC Thu 02-Jul-09 12:56:03

I have been using Disana wool pull-on pants instead of a PUL wrap and they are great - especially in this heat! They also only need washing every couple of weeks which is brilliant for a lazy energy-efficient person like me!grin.

I think you can only use wool over natural fibres; so far I have used:

a) Kiwi cotton quik flip, which are bulky but brilliant - last all night with no boosting on 7mo and dry in a couple of hours, got it from Bumfluff (MNer)

b) Little Lambs bamboo - VERY soft and fluffy, not too big but longer to dry, and

c) Easy Peasy Bambeasy - bamboo with fleece liner, and you could stuff this with boosters if you needed to (Not had to yet). Also longer to dry than quick flip.

I have got 13+ hours out of all of these nappies, and they have never soaked through the wool wrap onto the clothes/sheets.

I have also found BumGenius work at night with 2 bigger inserts, but have stopped using these in this heat 'cos his poor botty was getting too hot. He is less pink in the morning with wool, and also there are no elastic marks around the legs from a tight wrap.

twoclimbingboys Thu 02-Jul-09 13:23:07

My favourite night nappies are Upsy Daisy Night Nappies. The ones I have for Blake are soy and side snap. I use Upsy Daisy fleece wraps over them.
Blake also has a few Wee Notions Night Notions which I use with Wee Notions fleece wraps or stacinator fleece wraps.

Both of those are fleece lined to keep them feeling dry and very absorbent. They are fairly pricey but have an excellent re-sale value. I use bamboo sandys and bamboo little lambs, wonderoos, Hollow Oak etc of a day, but WNNN and UDNN are a lot more absorbent.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Thu 02-Jul-09 21:29:28

I second the minki pockets, drybees fleece is very similar principle but difficult to get hold of. A bumhugger served us well when we went through our wool and fleece wrap stage and before we trained we were and mainlly are now in a wonderoo. smile

feralgirl Thu 02-Jul-09 22:04:02

Wee Notions Night Notions and either a popolini or a stacinator wool wrap, or a pair of wool shorties over the top. Magic.

Even better if one's idiot DH doesn't put the wool in the washing machine and shrink it angry

Only downside is the bamboo in my WNNN takes a long time to dry, I have no tumble dryer so it hangs over my rayburn and takes about 24 hours.

emmab16 Fri 03-Jul-09 11:33:30

feralgirl I have been trying a wee notions night notion with one of their fleece wraps but DS has soaked thru on the 2 occasions I've tried to use them... I will keep trying but I'm getting sick of the wet clothes! DH is also trying to steer me back to disposables the cheeky monkey wink

Chulita Fri 03-Jul-09 11:35:36

We use Totsbots Fluffles or Ella's House bumhuggers with Motherease Airflow wraps. Have just started boosting them with bamboo inserts and they last DD about 15 hrs overnight.
really want to try a WNNN

4andnotout Fri 03-Jul-09 11:40:59

I use babybeehinds bamboo or hemp with a tots bots wrap (new style are 100% better than the old style) and never have leaks, dd3 is a heavy wetter yet needs no extra boosting.

Scotia Fri 03-Jul-09 12:14:19

tHANKS FOR ALL THE MESSAGHES (sorr about caps - baby on knee). I will get round to reading them properly later I hope - we have a first tooth here atm!

Chulita Fri 03-Jul-09 14:18:15

Snap scotia just noticed DD's got 1st one through - am so excited grin blush simple minds, simple pleasures!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now