Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

best light-weight washable nappies for this hot weather?

(5 Posts)
Bagabee Tue 30-Jun-09 12:57:58

Poor ds getting hot and bothered in his bulky motherease sandy nappies and covers - any lighter / less bulky alternatives you've tried and tested? Someone mentioned cottontails to me - any good? Don't want to compromise on absorbancy
Thanks in advance...

Octothechildherder Wed 01-Jul-09 10:03:56

Fuzzis - easy to use, wash & dry quickly & lightweight. If you are after large CAT me as have been trying to get rid of mine for ages now ds is toilet trained.

Bamboo nappies are more slimline than the sandys but will take longer to dry.

Ellas house bumhugger are nice and slim and fleece lined to keep bottom dry.

Itti Bitti are super popular at the moment and an all in one - flip out to help them dry.

twoclimbingboys Wed 01-Jul-09 17:08:08

I have been using very absorbent nappies with no wraps for the first hour or so and then adding fleece (which is breathable). I have also ordered some shorties as wool is super-breathable.

I have been using Upsy Daisy soy fitteds, WNNL, Bamboo Sandys, Hollow Oak OBV nappies.

DrJen Fri 03-Jul-09 18:25:26

Agree with itti's and fuzzi's being best in this weather! but then again, you just can't beat nappy-free-time in the garden! (not quite so good when out-and-about though!!wink)

Another mum at baby massage said to me yesterday "my baby has got heat rash round his legs due to his nappy (Pampers), surely your baby would be better in a pampers in this weather, coz of the cloth keeping him too hot"

To which I replied.... "the plastic in pampers would actually keep him hotter, and the natural cotton and fleece helps his skin breathe, and we have no rash!" grin

Cloth - 1
Sposies - 0
grin

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 06-Jul-09 00:37:19

I use Bambinex bamboo - they are very absorbant and DS has been perfectly comfy (from a heat point of view) in them all this last week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now