Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

DD keeps taking off her nappy! Arghhhhhh!

(10 Posts)
bambipie Mon 29-Jun-09 17:33:47

DD is 16 months and in bumgenius (which I love, or used to!) in the last two days she has realised that she can take them off, she just grabs the sides through her clothes and pulls, velcro releasse nappy falls down and she runs off laughing. It does seem to co-incide with a forthcoming wee/ poo. She normally wears dungies or trousers so it hasn't been a problem before. I bought some pants to go over the top, but she can still loosen the nappy to a dangerous extent.

So far I've just been calmly putting the nappy back on so as not to make a game, but it's not working so do I a) tell her off and be (pretend) cross b) use pins or something or C)is she trying to tell me she wants to be potty trained. (she did sit down on the potty yesterday and do a wee, but I'm sure she isn't 'ready').

Any ideas?

3littlefrogs Mon 29-Jun-09 17:40:27

Sellotape, proper safe nappy pins or similar..

Too young for toilet training IMO.

She is doing it because she has discovered she can, and it is very entertaining to see mummy getting red in the face and frustrated.

3littlefrogs Mon 29-Jun-09 17:42:22

If it is any comfort, ds1 used to remove ALL his clothes at every opportunity, no matter where we were. A strait jacket would have been very useful.

WriggleJiggle Mon 29-Jun-09 18:53:46

At that stage I moved to Tesco / Asda value nappies for a couple of weeks. They are the ones being sold for about £1.50 for 20. The tabs on them are sticky (single use only) tape and impossible to remove. Once the nappy removal game has been forgotten about, change back to the original nappies.

bambipie Tue 30-Jun-09 08:33:54

The problem only started after I went back to reusables, we'd been on a break while I had morning sickness!
I don't think it's a game as such, she just wants a bare bottom! I haven't showed any particular emotion about it.

3littlefrogs Tue 30-Jun-09 16:04:52

Well - it is very hot. It must be lovely to able to strip off.

WriggleJiggle Tue 30-Jun-09 22:41:34

If it is just to be bare, I'd try and let her continue if at all possible. Is your house carpetted? Can she spend extended periods outside (mine would spend all day in a paddling pool if they could).

cookielove Tue 30-Jun-09 22:44:35

could you not put her in a popper vest to seal it all in and let her run around in that?

barnsleybelle Tue 30-Jun-09 23:00:05

Same thing happened with dd when she hit 18 months. I tried everything but she still found a way out. then I put her in pull ups which totally foxed her and has worked up to now (22 months). grin

ches Wed 01-Jul-09 05:01:18

I would keep her in nappies and make regular toilet breaks. At this age DS was exclusively pooing in the toilet and getting a lot of wees in. Still needed taking regularly until 27 months, but mostly accident-free from 18 months and much less bother than nappies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now