Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty Training Boys!

(7 Posts)
Lou2222 Sun 28-Jun-09 20:59:15

I have 2 DD who are 3 and 4 and both potty trained. My DS is only just 2 so I have some time to go before I start but I was just curious as to the best way to go about things. If I sit him on the toilet it would appear that I will be covered in pee when he goes, should I just put him on a potty and then teach him to stand at the toilet? Suggestions gratefully received...

DiamondHead Sun 28-Jun-09 21:02:09

Wherever he goes you have to remember 'tuck your willy in.' They need to sit quite far back.

Standing up is the advanced class. Mine have both taught themselves and it's not such a good thing. Puddles round the toilet etc.

Olihan Sun 28-Jun-09 21:07:25

Just sit him on the toilet and make sure his willy is pointing downwards. They have a habit of curling round at the end then it uncurls as it fills with wee and goes all over the place grin. Teach him to pull it out and point it down before he starts.

Having had 2 boys I can strongly recommend making them sit to wee for as long as humanly possible. The wet floor/shoes/trousers/pants/front of toilet/walls that happen with weeing standing up is just not worth it.

5.6yo ds1 can still make a huge mess when he's not concentrating and apparently they don't get much better with age hmm.

S1ur Sun 28-Jun-09 21:11:46

sitting on both potty and toilet, standing is for fun later on. Just make sure he sits far enough back as penises rise a bit with wee and then piss all over floor.

S1ur Sun 28-Jun-09 21:13:43

oh but btw, when you do start on the standing up fun... go in the garden and aim for different flowers - and then it is a hilarious grin

<disclaimer> ds is nearly 3 and the novelty as yet to wear off <snigger>

Lou2222 Sun 28-Jun-09 21:23:55

Thank you everyone, sounds like great fun awaits! It will be OK if he is potty trained when he is 8 won't it?

gigglewitch Sun 28-Jun-09 21:25:24

imho forget the "potty" bit of 'potty-training' - after two boys I discovered that the potty was invented for girls grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now