Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Motherease newborn shaped nappies and Toddler reusable nappies for nightime

(5 Posts)
puffylovett Sat 27-Jun-09 12:02:54

Hello
Toddler is potty trained in the day and mostly dry at night, but I'm reluctant to take him out of nappies at night just yet. However it's REALLY galling me that I'm using a disposable for 2 nights, then throwing it away unused because it's all mishapen, when it suddenly occured to me that I could maybe get a couple of real nappies for nighttime ? Has anyone got any suggestions ? ie real nappy pullups, that are slim and comfy ? Our old tots bots just don't fit and the prefolds are too bulky for him.

Also, I've just discovered that Little green earthlets do a hire service of motherease shaped newborn nappies for the first couple of months. DC2 is due in sept and I'm really keen to get real nappies again, but our hire service has closed down so I'm going to have to buy some. I thought the hire service might be a great option for the first 6 weeks or so, and then if DS1 is anything to go by, buy some larger shaped nappies when it's a bit older.

Does anyone have any experience of the motherease newborns, what are they like, leakage etc - would welcome any opinions !

Sorry this has turned into a reall long post blush

twoclimbingboys Sat 27-Jun-09 12:59:05

I haven't used them but people recommend minki yoyos. They are pull up pockets - you put as much stuffing in as you need. Here.

Motherease sandys are supposed to be excellent for newbies with motheraese airflow wrap over. I love the large bamboo sandys for my 1 yo.

The small and extra small cotton sandys can often be bought cheaply preloved from the sale thread on here, ukparentslounge and clothnappytree.

puffylovett Sat 27-Jun-09 13:15:57

ooh twoclimbingboys you have made my week, they do a minki Bob the Builder pull up pant !! Thank you grin

Does it need a wrap on top ? I can't quite tell..

twoclimbingboys Sat 27-Jun-09 13:21:55

You are welcome. No it doesn't! so Bob will be on show. I am considering a Buzz Lightyear one for Toby.

puffylovett Sat 27-Jun-09 13:43:44

I'll have 'bob' hope of getting his jim jams on then grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now