Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

real nappy advice needed - heeeeeeeelp!!!

(13 Posts)
theyoungvisiter Wed 24-Jun-09 19:55:18

Help! My tots bots flexitots are going progressively bald - what can I / should I do?

They have always shed fluff like mad (to the extent of finding huge "fur-balls" in the washing machine) but I now notice that in parts they are completely threadbare - you can see the elastic mesh showing through the fluff.

I have always followed the washing instructions implicitly - only line dry - never bleach etc etc.

Do you think this is a defective batch or is this common? What can I do to prevent further shedding? sad

Octothechildherder Wed 24-Jun-09 19:57:28

Return them - phone them tomorrow and tell them what has happened. They are nice people!

theyoungvisiter Wed 24-Jun-09 20:00:25

do you think they'll let me? They are nearly 6 months old - I wondered if that's too old to return.

ceb80 Wed 24-Jun-09 20:02:31

I think this has happened to other people on here and they got them replaced iirc. Worth a try anyway, they should last longer than 6 months!

theyoungvisiter Wed 24-Jun-09 20:08:32

do you think they would replace them with size twos?! [hopeful but cheeky emoticon grin]

purplesal Wed 24-Jun-09 20:43:48

There was definitely a batch that went bald far too quickly, so I think yours sound like they were from that batch.

wiggletastic Wed 24-Jun-09 21:35:42

We have been using ours for 8 months and they are still perfect so it looks like you got some from a duff batch. Ask for your money back or a swap.

theyoungvisiter Wed 24-Jun-09 22:04:14

brill, thanks for the replies, I will contact them tomorrow!

theyoungvisiter Thu 25-Jun-09 16:14:08

well for anyone interested, I contacted them and they were absolutely brill and said yes, definitely they would replace them. (I didn't quite have the cheek to ask for size 2s darn it grin)

wiggletastic Thu 25-Jun-09 17:28:09

Oh thats good, well done.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Thu 25-Jun-09 17:31:03

ring back and ask them!!! it will make no difference to them at all - go on i tell ya!

wiggletastic Thu 25-Jun-09 19:13:18

I agree with nappyzone, if you don't ask, you don't get! If they say no, you've lost nothing and they will probably say yes anyway.

theyoungvisiter Thu 25-Jun-09 19:13:25

perhaps I'll put it on a note when I send them - I won't feel quite so cheeky doing it on a post-it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now