Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

'Real' Training pants?

(12 Posts)
SachaF Wed 24-Jun-09 11:47:38

Hi all,
DS is 2 1/2. He can do a wee and a poo on the potty and sometimes asks but doesn't always. As his poos are horrid (apparently too much fibre in diet, he has several food intolerances so this won't change for a while) I don't want to put him in pants until he is poo trained. Currently (last two weeks) I have him in disposable pull ups during the day and nappies at night. He likes his 'big boy pants'(pull ups). However I am concerened a) as he is in disposables he is not feeling the wetness and therefore not bothering to train and b) pull ups seem quite pricey (as I bought all my washables over 2 years ago!) and he could well be in them for a while.

Have other people used washable pull ups? Which brands? I'm tempted to go with the tots bots but don't want to waste money. £45 for 5 - would that only last a day?( so I would need to speng eg £90 for 10?) The bambino mio ones seem more suited for catching small accidents rather than actually helping with training (but are half the price).

I would also get to use them for dd in 2 yrs or so.

Thanks for your advice.

mistlethrush Wed 24-Jun-09 12:11:28

Bambino Mio - definitely small accidents only - give you perhaps 5sec grace to get the trousers off! I got ds some good ones from Flame (Bumfluff nappies?) on this site which we used for nights for some time - she may be able to advise.

Octothechildherder Wed 24-Jun-09 13:05:17

I use kushies bright trainers - hold a full wee and can be used for a nap - despite kushies nappies being useless these are actually reaaly good - you can get them at www.thebabycatalogue.com -don't get the pale ones - only the bright ones. Bright bots trainers and BM trainers are okay but no real waterproofing in them!

TotsBots ones are nice and are waterproof but are a bit expensive. I used the kushies ones on my older sons when we got dry at night aswell.

SachaF Wed 24-Jun-09 13:29:35

Thanks.

Mistlethrush, do you know which ones you had? The bumfluff website has Bright Bots, Diaperaps and MotherEase training pants, but the ME ones are nearly £16!

Thx Octothechildherder, they look quite good. I guess I would go for 3 yr old rather than 2 yr old for a 2 1/2 yr old? I already have some kushies aio's that I like esp. for nursery when they change VERY regularly and so don't need the absorbancy.

Any one used Imse Vimse?

Any advice on how many I might need?

chipmonkey Wed 24-Jun-09 13:35:28

I found the Bright Bots ones brilliant for daytime but I wouldn't have put him to sleep in them! They hold quite a lot of wee, I usually only had to change pants not trousers, and they feel like real pants. Ds4 still uses them the odd time now at 4 when I'm behind with the laundryblush but not at nursery as someone there told him they were "weird pants".grin

chipmonkey Wed 24-Jun-09 13:37:09

I had 10 Bright Bots ones had to wash them a lot in the first week but not so much after that.

Octothechildherder Wed 24-Jun-09 13:59:04

Its not the older child incontinence ones - I'm sure they do bright ones for 2 year olds - mine has some on today! He has large on - medium are a bit small.

Bebeco sell imse vimse ones.

mistlethrush Wed 24-Jun-09 15:11:09

It was the Diaperwraps - she got them in because I put a thread on asking where you could get them as I had managed to get 2prs 2nd hand at NCT sale and they were great - and she got them in specially. They are not fully leakproof - but significantly better than the Bambino Mio ones and nice and soft and comfortable - and not crackly!!!! So - if he had an accident during the day (when we first got them, more likely!) it would give a reasonable time to get his trousers off before needing fresh trousers (ie lots more than 5secs) but if we had an accident at night when he was asleep, it would require a bed change, but not disasterously so ifykwim.

twoclimbingboys Fri 26-Jun-09 21:56:30

Hello, sorry if this is cheeky but I have 2 pairs of Motherease Trainer Pants in really excellent condition. Only worn a few times. They are both eco theme - one has & ducks on, the other elephants and tigers. They are both large size. I used to use them at soft play as I dodn't want poop mess getting near other LOs, but he never actually pooped in them! With these on occasionally a full wee would leak on to his clothes but never cause a puddle iyswim?

£6 each posted or both for £11 posted. Email me at vikki_higham at yahoo dot co dot uk if you are interested.

Washersaurus Fri 26-Jun-09 22:12:13

I had some made by Pocket Bots they are fab and will fit my 2yo (chunky) and my 4yo (skinny) they are so adjustable. You can adjust the absorbancy as they get more reliable too as they are pockets.

kazbeth Sat 27-Jun-09 19:21:14

The motherease trainer pants are £8.75 on www.babykind.co.uk Sounds a fair bit cheaper than the £16 ones you've found.

twoclimbingboys Sat 27-Jun-09 21:20:54

£16 - !!!

I think they must be the bedwetter pants, which are supposed to be excellent for overnight use and are quite pricey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now