Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Was given a load of terry nappies - is there any point?

(18 Posts)
oliverboliverbutt Wed 24-Jun-09 10:22:06

I have about 60 terry cloth nappies, pins & waterproof wraps.
I have only ever used fuzzi bunz but sold them all after my last child.
I don't even know what to do with all this cloth!
Is there any point to keeping them? some of them? what could I use them for?

ZoeC Wed 24-Jun-09 10:23:54

If you don't need them as nappies, they make good cleaning cloths for anything really.

oliverboliverbutt Wed 24-Jun-09 10:26:45

that's what I was thinking, my house is just dirty enough for them all!
Does anyone even use these anymore?

4andnotout Wed 24-Jun-09 10:37:07

Loads of people still use terry squares, i used mine mainly when dd4 was a newborn as you can get a good fit.

My first two babies who are now 7&4 only had terry squares,nippas and rubber pants, i think that is why im so addicted to buying pretty nappies now!

Reallytired Wed 24-Jun-09 10:41:57

Terry squares are great, but I would use good wraps like motherease and nappi nippas instead of pins.

Folding terries is not that bad and they dry so quickly. There are loads of different folds on the internet and you can vary the way you fold them if you are lacking a life bored.

Its just important to make sure that all the cloth is inside the wrap or else you will get a leak.

Octothechildherder Wed 24-Jun-09 11:15:00

I agree with really tired - get some decent covers like motherease/lollipop/onelife and some nappi nippas. I have some new if you want to CAT me. If you want some used ones, try the for sale board.

oliverboliverbutt Wed 24-Jun-09 11:33:58

I've just spent some time looking at the recommendations - thanks! I actually think I will give them a go to start with and see what happens. Why not!?
I used terries with my first but with pins and really found them a PITA. I ended up using disposables with her sad
With my son I just bought a load of FBs and really liked them so stuck with that.
I had no idea these nappy nippas were out there, they look great.

thanks again, if anyone has any other recommendations, I'm all ears!

Octothechildherder Wed 24-Jun-09 11:41:49

There are lots of new nappies on the market - I have a few favourites - Itti Bitti, Pop n Gro and Dream Dri - the last two are birth to potty and all in one so a good investment. Itti bitti are just super cute!

CarGirl Wed 24-Jun-09 11:45:52

if you really don't want them there are organisations who send them abroad. I collect cloth nappies that get sent out to malawi as part of a layette pack for each baby born. They love terry nappies because one size fits all.

Reallytired Wed 24-Jun-09 11:47:55

CarGirl that sounds great. Do you have link?

wastingmyeducation Wed 24-Jun-09 11:51:27

One size fits all, dry quickly and they are cheap. Babies don't have to cost the earth.

I used muslins as nappies when DS was newborn and they are now the best bibs ever.

It's hip to be square. (blush)

Definitely donate them if you don't want them.

TheChewyToffeeMum Wed 24-Jun-09 11:54:41

I use them folded as nighttime booster in fluffles.

Also keep them as back-up for bad drying weather (no tumble dryer) with nippa and motherease wrap.

oliverboliverbutt Wed 24-Jun-09 11:55:15

I will say, I'm not into 'fashion' nappies, so I think I won't be spending hundreds and hundreds on them. I just want something that doesn't leak all the time and is relatively easy to use.
If I decide not to use them I would love to donate them, link please!

TheChewyToffeeMum Wed 24-Jun-09 11:55:17

Don't think I could use 60 though!

CarGirl Wed 24-Jun-09 11:56:41

this is the packing group that I pass the nappies towww.kingschurchdarlington.org/FIA.html but there are packing groups all over the country I can try and find you a more local one if you're interested.

oliverboliverbutt Wed 24-Jun-09 11:59:33

would they take rubber pants? I have about 6 packs of those cheepie rubber pants from boots that I'm pretty sure I will not be using.

CarGirl Wed 24-Jun-09 12:00:53

yes they do, the darlington packing group buy them, terry squares & nappy pins if they don't get enough donated.

Where abouts do you live?

My email addy is mifybump at msn dot com if you want to get in touch with me.

CarGirl Wed 24-Jun-09 12:11:04

yes they do, the darlington packing group buy them, terry squares & nappy pins if they don't get enough donated.

Where abouts do you live?

My email addy is mifybump at msn dot com if you want to get in touch with me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now