Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Night nappy

(12 Posts)
caen Wed 24-Jun-09 09:21:04

I braved a washable for the first time last night. Used LL bamboo with 2 bamboo boosters and a fleece wrap. Because her bum was so big my daughter (12 weeks) was able to flip which really upset her.

Are wool wraps thinner? Should I just give in and buty Upsy Daisy nighttime nappies?

RuthChan Wed 24-Jun-09 09:28:17

I haven't used LL bamboo nappies personally, but that sounds like a lot of nappy on a 12 week old. Was she very wet in the morning or could you reduce the boosting a bit? My DS is nearly 8 months and happily gets through the night in an unboosted Tots bots, Easy Peasy Bumble or Nature Babies Big Softy. I don't expect to need extra boosting for a few months yet.

4andnotout Wed 24-Jun-09 09:37:31

I wouldn't think a 12 week old will need much if any boosting yet, my 8mo and 21 mo both go to bed in unboosted bamboo babybeehinds with no leaks

caen Wed 24-Jun-09 09:41:14

She always seems so wet if I leave her for 4 hours and boosted during the day so I was being very cautious. Maybe I'll try again tonight with no boosting? Do you think the fleece should do a good job of keeping her dry or should I change to a plastic wra\p?

Octothechildherder Wed 24-Jun-09 09:41:44

I would suggest a PUL cover - a motherease rikki or lollipop popper would go well over a little lamb and reduce the bulk. That is alot of boosting for a 3 month old - is she a heavy wetter?

I have just bought an UD soy handpainted nappy and it is so beautiful I can't bear to use it yet!

Octothechildherder Wed 24-Jun-09 09:44:04

They do wee less at night as they aren't drinking when they are asleep - its just the length of time they wear it for you need to work with. Would put a fleece liner in - or even better a fleece topped booster.

caen Wed 24-Jun-09 09:49:29

She always seems so wet if I leave her for 4 hours and boosted during the day so I was being very cautious. Maybe I'll try again tonight with no boosting? Do you think the fleece should do a good job of keeping her dry or should I change to a plastic wra\p?

Octothechildherder Wed 24-Jun-09 09:53:21

Def PUL for mine overnight! I like the idea of dryness. See how you get on.

KirstyJC Wed 24-Jun-09 09:57:02

I agree that seems a lot of boosting - my 7 month old can go with a LL bamboo overnight with no additional boosting - although I put in a fleece liner. I have just switched to a wool wrap overnight which is fab, (and thinner than fleece, but thicker than PUL) but I waited until he was able to roll over (in fact he sleeps on his tum now) because I was worried that laying in the same place for so long would lead to wicking. Might not have tho - just lazy!

As others have suggested, I would try a PUL wrap and the LL bamboo with a fleece. If it's the size 1 nappy (which I assume it is at 12 weeks) then is the booster is seperate to the nappy? (I started with size 2 where it is sewn in). If that's so, then you might want to try with just the one booster as well to start with, then if that's OK you could try without.

Fleece-topped booster sounds great too - I wish I had some of these!

fragola Wed 24-Jun-09 09:57:39

I'd definitely recommend motherease airflow wraps - ds is 8 1/2 months and we've never had a leak with them.

twoclimbingboys Fri 26-Jun-09 15:32:26

I use fleece wraps (tots bots, stacinator, upsy daisy, wee notions) without fail on my two and have never had a leak! If you have an absorbent nappy under it really should be fine. Fleece is breathable so I would always prefer it ti pul for overnight, easpecially in this hot weather.

I would try a thinner booster such as hemp possibly and just try 1 if bulk is a problem.

I do use Upsy Daisy and Wee Notions Night Nappies now, but have used bumhuggers and fluffles (both well boosted) under fleece too with no problems.

twoclimbingboys Fri 26-Jun-09 15:33:23

oops - sorry for all those typos!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now