Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help - do I need to wash bg's a few times before using them??

(6 Posts)
SummerHeightsHigh Tue 23-Jun-09 12:47:21

Have used bamboozles before and always washed them several times before using them. Do I need to do the same with my BG V3??

They are so nice I want to start using them straight away but won't if they need to be washed first.

Thanks in advance

purplesal Tue 23-Jun-09 13:53:27

Yes, but you may only need one wash.

KirstyJC Tue 23-Jun-09 13:58:30

I did wash mine once, It says on the FAQ bit of their website to pre-wash - see www.bgnappies.com/faqs.php.

Having said that, if you really want to get started I would think that, like most nappies, they will still work without washing - the waterproof bit still works as well - just be aware they will need changing more frequently as they will be less absorbant!

Maybe you could compromise and wash most of them, leaving a few unwashed for baby to wear for shorter times whilst waiting for the rest to drysmile?

The outers and small inserts will be dry in a couple of hours outside, so they won't take long! The larger inserts take the longest, but even these will be about 5-6 hours on a good drying day, so you could keep 3 or 4 nappies to wear whilst the rest are drying...wink.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Tue 23-Jun-09 14:10:22

hiya, i never have, the only reason to do bg would be to remove any residue from themanufacturing process. I could never be that patient!

SummerHeightsHigh Tue 23-Jun-09 16:05:33

Hiya, Thanks for the responses. I had looked on the BG page but must of missed it. I've decided to be patient and wash them all before I use them. I thought that if there is a residue on them it might bother her skin so I thought I better had.

sad

Octothechildherder Tue 23-Jun-09 18:15:01

I would suggest a few washes without drying them inbetween.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now