Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

13 m ds wakes soaking wet at 5.15am!

(19 Posts)
loulabelle222 Fri 13-May-05 10:48:54

Every morning my ds wakes at 5.15am soaked through, i put him down at 7.30 and when i go up to bed at about 11 i change him again and he still wets through. I am using pampers baby dry , any idea of any better nappies. I have also stopped giving him a drink after 5.30 and this still doesn't work!

Mammybadgirl Fri 13-May-05 11:26:49

I think Pampers and Huggies are rubbish nappies(DS always weed (sp?) straight through them). Asda George are better and cheaper IMO.

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 13-May-05 11:28:57

OMG

DD has her pampers nappy on from just before 7 and it doesn't come of sometimes till 10am!

I can't believe they leak.

anchovies Fri 13-May-05 11:31:39

Blimey that's a lot of wee! I use baby drys and he's never woken wet in the night. Not sure what to suggest really!

elibelly Fri 13-May-05 11:33:31

I find Tesco's own brand very absorbant, and cheaper than Pampers. My dd who is 4 1/2 and still in nappies at night uses them and they never leak. The other thing you can try is using the next size up for night time, that's what I do with my ds he's in size 5 in the day and size 6 at night. The joys of a heavy wetter.

WigWamBam Fri 13-May-05 11:54:17

A friend of mine always swore that Pampers were better for girls, and Huggies were better for boys, perhaps because of where the padding is. Trying the begger size is a good idea too.

chloeb2002 Fri 13-May-05 18:36:59

Have you tried pampers pull ups? i found DD could be in them all day ad change be in all night and be fairly dry in the morning! they feel very different to normal pampers. i found normal pampers leaked very quickly!

Nemo1977 Fri 13-May-05 18:40:13

i use the huggies convertables...expensive but great if u have ana odd shaped tot. My son is thin so they r pull ups which he loves but u can tighten them like on nappy.

stripey Fri 13-May-05 19:39:12

I had the same problem with ds2. I use Tesco no 6 and find they just about cope most nights. He drinks 2-3 bottles of water during the night so that is why we had leaking problems.

TracyK Fri 13-May-05 19:41:53

ds is 14 mo and tescos 4+ does him fine - much better than pampers. Tho they are huge when they come off - but no leaks (yet)

AngelCakeUmm Fri 13-May-05 19:43:48

I found huggies were the worst nappies infact hate huggies nappys and wipes. I used Pampers active for my ds and he never woke up soaked and he went through from 7pm till 9am.

I now use pullups and they are fab too probably better than the nappies

darlingbud Fri 13-May-05 19:43:53

we had the same problem with dd in the baby dry ones. we now use pull ups and no problems at all.

loulabelle222 Fri 13-May-05 19:52:37

so what do you recommend i go for, huggies convertables or pampers pull ups? can you take the pampers ones off by the sides as well?

darlingbud Fri 13-May-05 20:06:40

yes - you might just have to trial and error till you find one suitable to you.

99redballoons Sun 15-May-05 15:22:25

cloth for night-time only? (can add more if you are open to this idea)

otherwise, a bigger size?

It's horrible isn't it... uncomfortable for them and alot of washing for us!

moonunit Sun 15-May-05 15:33:16

My ds always leaks in pampers baby dry too, I find huggies better.

chicca Sun 15-May-05 15:39:21

I had exactly the same problem and similar advice about nappy brands etc. But, I htink we have stumbled across a solution. From the nappy lady (will try to find website soon) I got a trial "booster" liner for nightime use. This helped a bit. However, I also bought nappies in the next size up (even though he's not yet in that weight category) and it seems to be working so far. Have a go.......

chicca Sun 15-May-05 15:40:39

http://www.thenappylady.co.uk/

Mum2Ela Sun 15-May-05 15:53:19

Loulabelle22 justa thought but do you think its just the position he lies in? I had this with DS. He would wake sometimes 3 times a night with a soaking wet back and I can onlky think its becuaes he would lie on his back and and his willy would somehoiw shoot the wee up his belly and round his back.

Problem has completly stopped now he sleeps on his side.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: