Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I need a really QUICK response! What are bambino mio flat nappies?

(14 Posts)
MamaG Sat 20-Jun-09 15:04:22

Are t hey like terry squares?

MamaG Sat 20-Jun-09 15:07:59

God I never even thought to google blush

I will google now, seeing as NOBODY is helping me <hard look>

Katisha Sat 20-Jun-09 15:13:10

I would help if I had the faintest idea...

CarGirl Sat 20-Jun-09 15:14:44

they are prefolds they are square with a thicker panel in the middle and then you fold them into three and put in a gusseted wrap.

MamaG Sat 20-Jun-09 15:15:18

Thank you cargirl

swampster Sat 20-Jun-09 16:13:09

They are leaky rags from the cave-man era. Lots of evolution in nappydom since then.

Pingpong Sat 20-Jun-09 18:36:24

they are a pile of sh!te what our council give out in their real nappy trial pack but yes swampster describes them perfectly.
Have a look at birth to potty pocket nappies - very convenient and easy to use

MrsBonJovi Sat 20-Jun-09 18:49:09

I have also heard awful things.

Do what Smac suggested..if I had my time again I would be buying them!

MrsBonJovi Sat 20-Jun-09 18:50:38

www.fill-your-pants.com/product/124/9/wonderoo-starter-kit

Pingpong Sat 20-Jun-09 18:56:59

I only started using them when DD was 6m so didn't use the from birth settings but have a mixture of wonderoos and Bum Genius v3 so some popper ones and some velcro ones.
Very easy to launder and dry as well and although Birth to Potty are more expensive to start off you don't faff around buying 3 sets for the different stages.
There are some good used nappy sites as well - worth looking at to buy some different types to try out as when you buy new you have to wash them lots (4ish times) to make them absorbent.

Octothechildherder Sat 20-Jun-09 19:43:20

Message withdrawn

swampster Sat 20-Jun-09 22:51:27

But just about any other nappy insert will be slimmer-fitting and more absorbent.

MamaG Sun 21-Jun-09 10:35:28

Thanks all - someone was giving away 20 on freecycle and I thought it might be worth getting them. I don't think they quite get the MN seal of approval though do they!

elk4baby Thu 25-Jun-09 17:25:12

I've used them on my newborn for the first 5 weeks or so... Fastened with a nippa with a Imse Vimse PUL wrap - never had a leak or any problem with them really. But my DS did grow out of them rather quickly.

We're now in TotsBots Flexitots and can't complain , though we use Motherease Sandy's during the night (Motherease Rikki or Imse Vimse wraps in both cases).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now