Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

calling cloth nappy experts! bumgenius or pop ins? opinions please

(13 Posts)
bellygot2go Sat 20-Jun-09 11:31:02

I am trying out various cloth nappies so have shortlisted these 2. want to buy them in pack of 20 so cheeper but cant decid between then! Help!

saggyoldclothcat Sat 20-Jun-09 12:57:09

IMHO pop-ins are better for containment, as they have the leg gusset, so better for NB explosive poo! I also find the bamboo pop-ins are much more absorbent - there's no way we can get away with BG overnight on my DS2.

The downside for pop-ins, for us anyway, is the drying time. We don't have a tumbly so we tend to go for quicker drying options. There is now a microfibre pop-in available but I haven't tried it yet.

Personally, if I was going for these I'd go for a mix of the BG and bamboo pop-in, to get the balance between absorbency and drying time.

What about a Lollipop Pop'N'Gro? Don't want to confuse things further blush but this might be one to consider, if you only want one type of nappy. It has the leg gusset like the pop-in so containment is good, but the main nappy is microfleece so it dries much quicker (actually quicker than BG!). It comes with two boosters - one microfibre and one bamboo - so you can mix and match depending on the absorbency needed.

weepootle Sat 20-Jun-09 13:08:14

I adore BG, never get leaks and they cope overnight with dd2 (6m).

Chulita Sat 20-Jun-09 13:17:12

I'm another BG fan - they're very good at holding in ridiculously runny bf explosions and we've not had any leaks in them for 6 months of use. We use bumhuggers or huggles over night just cos she's in them for 14-16 hours and I want to be sure DD doesn't wake up cos she's leaked.
BGs dry very quickly too - deffo recommend these!

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Sat 20-Jun-09 18:29:03

I prefer BG, the only reason being that my boy used to get red bits if i didnt use a fleece liner and as theres already a stay dry liner to a bg that was just something else for me to have to forget/ remember. BG are really good imho and not just because i sell them.

purplesal Sat 20-Jun-09 19:36:17

Soory to confuse but why don't you consider teh Lollipop Pop'n'Gro - soft outer like the BG in funky colours, quick drying like the BG, has a microfibre and a bamboo booster so you can choose which to use, adjusts on the front in the same way as both the BG and Pop-In, but has leg gussets like the pop-in. So really it's got the best features of both nappies!! Contact me if you wnat to see one as they're not on the website yet.

Octothechildherder Sat 20-Jun-09 19:39:55

I like the close parent dream dri over the pop in bamboo - quicker drying with all the benefits - the new pop n gro from lollipop is good too as it has a gusset.

bellygot2go Tue 23-Jun-09 14:46:43

Hi all, thanks for ypur messages. Haven't been on for a while blush

Is the pop n gro an AIO or do I need a seperate wrap? and is it BTP?

purplesal Tue 23-Jun-09 15:36:46

THe pop'n'gro is an AIO BTP!!

swampster Tue 23-Jun-09 19:41:43

BumGenius all the way - I really dislike gussetty nappies, I think they are seriously ugly. And I have had many bad leaks with pop-ins which I only use when I have to and only one nasty surprise with BGs which I use every day.

Is the pop n gro gusseted?

bellygot2go Tue 23-Jun-09 23:26:19

What does gusseted mean? Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie whem it comes to cloths i'm afraid!

treedelivery Tue 23-Jun-09 23:34:11

I'd be carefull of blowing the whole budget on one nappy tbh. I know it's unlikely, but I think nappies can be more good and less good as baby grows and changes shape. I'd rather have a selection to go at. But then I am an addict and love lookin ginto all the types adn trying new things [bought preloved].

Of the 2 I'd say bg, as you can stuff anything in there.

bellygot2go Tue 23-Jun-09 23:41:26

If any one has a look I have found these codes for mothercare. Worth 20% off so I have now used these for BG.
mothercare codes

And also for 10% off at babipur the code is f100 which I have used on pop ins. Pop ins are already reduced on this site to £204 for 20 so I now have BG's and pop ins on the way. I think I got carried away, LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now