Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

can i use sudocream or similar with bg

(6 Posts)
eggybrokenoff Fri 19-Jun-09 09:01:42

19 week old ds has a bit of nappy rash for the first time and one really sore bit - will creams affect his nappies at all? should i use a liner while he needs cream?

4andnotout Fri 19-Jun-09 09:03:12

I would use a very thin layer and rub in well, a fleece liner may work better than a paper one

roomforthree Fri 19-Jun-09 09:15:00

I've used sudocrem in a bg with no extra liner. Just apply very sparingly.

TBH, I wouldn't bother with creams (unless it's very sore). Nappy-off time is far more effective IME.

saggyoldclothcat Fri 19-Jun-09 09:57:13

Yes, use sparingly and with a paper liner. Too much cream can clog the fleece, which in itself can lead to soreness (as the moisture can't wick away properly).

Notquitegrownup Fri 19-Jun-09 10:03:37

(Can I just recommend metanium, which you use very, very sparingly? Never had to use more than once, usually when teething or after a nasty tummy upset, and it works like magic.)

Use just before nappy off time, as it is very yellow and stains nappies, but can save days of using sudocream or the like, and days of discomfort for los too.

SummerHeightsHigh Fri 19-Jun-09 10:31:12

I second metanium, its brilliant stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now